two

Brendon picks at the food in front of him for a while until Dallon seems to notice, fear sinking into his chest.

"Bren," Dallon says softly. Brendon looks up. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, just... Spencer is suspicious."

"Of us?"

"Kinda, I mean... he finally realized that something happened in Scotland because that's when I started getting better, which isn't something that typically happens after a suicide attempt. He knows I have a secret, though, and he's upset about the band not knowing."

"He isn't in any place to talk," Dallon says quietly as he raises his glass of wine, sipping it nicely.

"That's what I said," Brendon tells him, and then they both stop. Brendon looks at him. "Wait, you... you know?"

"I don't know, do you?"

"I don't know."

"About... him and...?" Dallon asks.

"Jon...?"

"Yes," Dallon says, and they both relax. "Wait, you knew?"

"He told me that time he thought I was dating you. You know, before I started dating you," Brendon says, causing them both to smile. "Well, I guess... I don't know."

"What?"

"I don't know if I'm ready. I mean, yeah, I'd love to just let it out, no longer let it be a secret, and I know they will be supportive and mad because we never told them, which we both knew would happen, but... I'm scared, I guess. I don't want fans to know just yet, obviously. Maybe wait until around the album comes out, so..."

"At least one announcement is guaranteed to be exciting?" Dallon asks.

"You always know exactly what I'm trying to say. So much that I think you're a psychic," Brendon says, raising an eyebrow as he takes a bite of his spaghetti. Dallon raises his fingers to his head.

"I'm sensing... I may get laid tonight."

"Someone's cocky," Brendon says, earning a wink from the older man. They both smile and continue to eat. "Mike saved our lives today."

"How so?"

"You know how we were all kinda iffy about Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time?"

"Yeah?"

"He replaced the guitar part with the theme song from that old- you know, the..." Brendon imitates the song and Dallon nods.

"Oh, yeah! Better?"

"Way better, I... I'll have to show you tomorrow or something, it sounds so sick," Brendon says excitedly. "And I finally came up with a better bridge for The Good, The Bad and The Dirty, and came up with an 11th track, it's mostly piano, but it's sadder than the others, but I was writing it when you were gone."

Dallon stares at him as he continues to rant about fixing small things on the album and songs, then begins to bring up the birthday party him, Spencer, and Luke showed up as a surprise for a girl's 16th birthday, until he stops completely. Dallon is staring at him with such a loving look, Brendon knows this, and so he starts to smile. He laughs shyly.

"What?" Brendon asks awkwardly as his cheeks turn a light shade of pink.

"I am so proud of you," Dallon says. "I'd propose to you again if I wasn't already married to you."

Brendon smiles wide. "I love you."

"I love you too."

There's a long silence.

"I wanna go to Paris," Dallon suddenly says.

"You want to go to Paris?" Brendon asks, looking at his husband with an amused but confused smile.

"Okay, so, I came up with a good and reasonable idea. We toured for Vices, yeah? Well, we met that girl, Lucy, and she sent me this." Dallon stands and grabs an envelope, takes something out of it, and hands it to Brendon. He opens it and frowns a bit, attempting to read the french.

"Adam and Lucille... uh, 24th of May..."

"Oh, yeah, sorry, it's a wedding invitation, and they asked if we could go since we kinda set them up together," Dallon says, smiling a bit.

"And our anniversary is on May 26th," Brendon says.

"Exactly," Dallon says, and so Brendon smiles.

"Okay, yeah, I'm fine with that," Brendon says, laughing lightly, handing the card back. Dallon's eyes light up.

"Really?"

"Yes, of course," Brendon says. "I love that place, and... Lucy and Adam are super sweet, so yeah, RSVP her and tell her that we will be there."

"Okay, good, because I may have already done that, gotten our plane tickets, and bought us a really nice and quite expensive hotel," Dallon says.

"You're an idiot," Brendon teases. Dallon smiles. Brendon takes another bite and they continue to chat and eat. It's getting late, and when they finish eating and Dallon puts the dishes in the dishwasher, Brendon yawns but smiles excitedly.

"I have a surprise for you too."

"Yeah?"

"I found it," Brendon says with a smile. Dallon frowns.

"Found what?" he asks suspiciously.

"Found our dream home. Exactly our dream home, like... backyard, built in pool, high fence, in a secluded area, has a gate, studio room, it—... Everything we dreamed of and more, and we get to go check it out tomorrow," Brendon says quietly but excitedly. Dallon tries to speak, the shock and happiness taking over his basic controls, and he eventually just laughs. "And it also has a built-in movie theater."

Dallon's eyes widen a bit.

"Shut up, no it doesn't," he says in disbelief.

"It does, and we can afford it, and-... it's so pretty in the pictures, and I told the seller that we are almost entirely guaranteed to buy it for the exact price, no lower, and everyone else who wants it is bargaining for a lower price, so right now we are... we're probably gonna get it."

"Brendon Urie, you are the best person to ever exist," Dallon says before showering him in kisses.

"I love you," Brendon manages.

"I love you too."