three

The sun is out and shining on the couple as they lay in bed together, holding each other close and loose at the same time, letting the other breathe while also holding on as if they'll leave, and it's exactly how they love to lay together on mornings like this.

"What time is it?" Brendon asks quietly. 

"8," Dallon answers once checking his phone. The doorbell suddenly rings, so Dallon begins to move. Brendon whines softly. 

"No..." he begs. 

"Baby, I gotta get the door," Dallon says. 

"Dal," he whines again when Dallon gets out of bed. 

"I'm sorry," he says. 

"Dal," Brendon says.

"What?"

He pushes himself up. "You may wanna put on some pants," he says with a tired smirk. 

"Right, yes," Dallon says, hurrying to get some pants, settling with the pair of jeans that were discarded to the floor during some heated kissing the night before. 

Dallon makes his way to the front door, opening it. He tenses slightly. 

"Oh, hey," he says. 

"Hey, um... I wanted to talk to you about something," Spencer says. 

"Oh, um," Dallon looks behind him, then nods, "okay, yeah, come in."

Spencer frowns slightly but steps inside. 

"What's up?"

"What... what happened in Scotland?" Spencer asks, but he seems less angry than when he was with Brendon. Dallon remembers exactly what his husband was telling him the night before, how Spencer is suspicious, so Dallon thinks quickly.

"In Scotland? Well, Brendon's... suicide attempt," he says quietly. "Are you asking for like... more details...?"

"No, no, I just... I don't know if you've noticed, but Brendon's seemed happier almost right after he came back. I tried talking to him about it but he kinda shut me out, but made it really clear that he's hiding something. I'm just a little worried that it's something... bad," Spencer asks. Dallon relaxes.

"Well, I guess he is happier, yeah, but I don't think we should be super worried. I mean, seeing Brendon like that hurt me, and..." Dallon begins to remember the night he told Brendon how he felt, how Brendon tried to shut him out. It hurt, and now he's understanding why Spencer's a little tense right now. "I'll talk to him about it, make sure he isn't in a dark state of mind, you know?"

"Yeah, you two seem a lot closer since that trip, so I think it'll be best. Speaking of... did anything happen between you two?"

"We're just closer, I guess. He knows I love him, I know he loves me, he's my best friend, and I'm just there if he needs me and when he doesn't. The whole band is, I just guess we got closer while writing and going over songs." 

Spencer nods, seeming to understand, and Dallon feels horrible for not telling him the whole truth. Of course they're closer, they're married.

Spencer looks at him and realizes something that may change everything. 

He's nervous.

He keeps checking behind him, he is avoiding eye contact, and he's fiddling with his shirt or scratching the back of his neck. 

"Why are you so nervous?" Spencer asks. Dallon hesitates, obviously trying to think of something to say. "Who's here?"

"No one, no one," Dallon quickly says. "Um, anyway, yeah, if I talk to Brendon, I'll let you know."

He hurries Spencer out, though Spencer isn't sure if he should try to stop him or not. 

"Okay, um..." Spencer walks outside and Dallon follows him, making sure Brendon doesn't walk out. He will eventually, he knows that. "Okay, seriously, Dallon, who is in there?"

"No—"

"Don't lie."

Dallon sighs and swallows nervously. "I have a girlfriend."

Spencer stops. "Oh."

"Yeah."

"And... she is in there?"

"Yeah."

"And she is actually a he because there are a pair of men's shoes that aren't your size by the door?" Spencer asks. Dallon tenses and stutters, but looks down. Neither of them speak for a while until Spencer scoffs and shakes his head. "You know what, nevermind. It seems all of us have our secrets, and when you're ready to tell me, then do so, because this is getting ridiculous," Spencer says, turning and getting back into his car.

Dallon sighs sadly before he turns and pushes open the door. He jumps a bit seeing Brendon, then hurries them both inside and slams the door shut before Spencer can see.

"What's going on, are you alright?" Brendon asks, expression sad and worried. Dallon smiles.

"Yeah, yeah, just saw a girl wearing a Panic! shirt down the street and didn't want her to see me or you here," he lies, smiling calmly as he takes Brendon's hands. "You alright?"

"No," he says. Dallon frowns and tenses, worry filling him. "I got cold without you," Brendon says, stepping forward and hugging his husband. Dallon laughs, relief washing over him as he hugs him back. Brendon suddenly smiles. "We get to see the house today."

Both of their chests flutter with excitement and happiness and they smile wide. 

"What time, again?"

"I said we will be there at 10:45, and I've also been leaving hints to the guys that I'm looking at houses to move into, so when I tell them I bought this house, they shouldn't be too shocked."

"I'd ask you to make sure you wanna live together, but that's a dumb question because we basically already live together," Dallon says. 

"Exactly, now you go take a shower and I'll make breakfast," Brendon says. 

"Deal." Dallon kisses him quickly before they part ways into their own doings. Guilt fills Dallon once he reaches the bathroom. He lied to both Spencer and Brendon, both to protect Brendon. He doesn't like lying. He hates it, in fact, and yet him and Brendon have been lying for over two years. They got married almost two years ago and yet no one knows. This isn't simply dating for a few weeks to see how it is before they tell everyone, this is full-on marriage, and they know they should tell them.

Dallon sighs and turns on the water, closing the door behind him before undressing. They'll tell the others soon.