4

C H A P T E R   F O U R

T H E   S M I L E   T H A T   L E F T   Y O U R   L I P S

____________________________________________

Sohye never really smile during her life. With all the depression and abuse that she received, smiling was something that she never felt the need to do. She left her happiness behind her many years ago. People just gave up on her even when she's done nothing to this world. It just so happened that destiny wanted to tell her that everyone would hate Sohye and it didn't mattered if she was nice to people, they would still despise her.

Jungkook was standing at the door way, holding a glass of water which she thirst for. "That's none of your business." She responded to his question. She began to walk to the door, wanting to leave this place. She knew that this would not go in a good direction if she stayed in this room with him.

But before she could leave, Jungkook grabbed her wrist to pull her closer to him. "And where are you going." She turned her head around to speak to him but looked at the ground to not make eye contact. "Somewhere for the night." He chuckes. "You don't  even say anything about your home." He lured her into him by holding her against his chest while he close the door to not let her go any further. "Who did this to you?"

Jungkook look at the many bruises that marked her body and brushing her finger over the spot on her forearm. Sohye continued to not make eye contact with him as he gazed over the numerous scars that were place on her skin and how much she's been through. "Is it that bad. I know I've made some of these marks but that wound was definitely not made by me." Sohye's eye brimed with tears just thinking about how her parents could cut her up like that. They were her parents. Parents who were supposed to love their child and cherish her with everything. But they didn't. And instead decided to cause her pain for things that she didn't deserve. Things that she was framed for. Things she couldn't control.

But it was strange. Jungkook actually cared for her well being and she could feel her heart beat just a little. "Why do you want to know? Out of all of the people, why would want to know?" Jungkook began to think. Why did he want to know? Before, Sohye meant nothing to him. She was just a person who he could release he anger on to. He didn't know why but he just chose her since freshman year.

But ever since that day where he saw that first wound in her wrist, he was so curious about what happened to her. And at that moment, Jungkook knew nothing about her. What her family was like, what she liked to do, what she was like outside of school? Heck, even in school. She was so invisible that nobody knew what she did. She was just a person that no one decided to talk to. Just someone who kept to themselves. He felt sad for her. She had to endure all of the pain by herself. Learn how to take care of the pain and not let anyone notice how much she suffered. She's done everything on her own and never once did she have someone to depend on.

He looked in her eyes as he push her into him which was filled with so many emotions. The fear that said that she didn't know what was happening and the confusion of why Jungkook was helping her. The desire to hold onto him because she felt safe in his warmth and the urge to leave him because she didn't know what game he was playing. The boy didn't know what took over him but he was realizing how special this girl was.

"I'm taking you home." Sohye pulled away from him. "I can go by myself. I don't need your help. I never needed help in the first place." She turned around to open the door again but Jungkook stop her the second time. Pushing her against the door itself and slamming his hand on one side of her head. "I'm not letting you go anywhere without knowing where you are at all times. Those wounds on you are not healed and I'm not going to let you go until I see you in a better condition." She glared at him in the most serious look. "This isn't about you. My problems belong to me and it doesn't matter if I tell. So stop stepping into my business when you have no right to."

Sohye opened the door but stop in her tracks. "This never happened. We never talked about this and you will never mention this problem of mine to anyone."

And then she left him.

So that happened.