10

C H A P T E R   T E N

U N S P O K E N   L O V E

____________________________________________

Sohye's eyes were slowly opening. The morning rays of the sun peeking through her vision as she sensed the unfamiliar room. Bed covers that lingered cologne. Monitors that were spaced out on a desk. Books. Books that filled the walls. She was here once again. In his room. Sohye stood up from the bed, letting her legs hang off the edge as she grasped the sheets. Her body was covered by a black t-shirt while her hair was loose. Running her hands through the strands as her head was spinning. Her sight hurt more whenever she tried to focus her eyes. And there she fell back on the bed.

Sohye tried the recall the last events that happened but she couldn't. She took a look at her arms as there were scars placed on them, replacing the cuts that embedded her skin before. The night where her father took out the knife. Her cries that screamed throughout the room of that house and the horror shown on her face. The fear that crawled into her mind as she was frightened. Scared of the people that she can no longer call her parents. Strangers that did not deserve the title of mom or dad. Not even mother or father, but just random figures that scarred her body. Scarred her mind. Scarred her life.

Sohye couldn't see what her life meant anymore. She had people who hated her wherever she went. At that house where she ached in pain that tortured her. A school that thought of her as an easy target. And a world that didn't think that she deserved respect. She was done. Done with trying. Done with trying to enjoy her years. Done with believing that she can have a happy life.

Sohye's eyes filled with tears as she watched the ceiling. Holding her legs close to her chest and the single drop of sadness staining her cheek. Will she be able to keep living? Because right now, it was hard for her to believe that someone or something could save her from the darkness she lived in.

||

Irene and Wonwoo were sitting together at a table. Notebooks and papers spread out onto the desk as the sounds of pens, writing, was heard. The boy's pair of eyes couldn't stop looking at the girl's beautiful face and the lips that were so hard to resist made him go closer. The scent of her perfume intoxicated him when he changes her contact to look at him. Those innocent pair of eyes that sparkled when she stared into his. His hand brushing against her cheek while he brought her closer to him. Their breaths in sync while his eyes glare down to her lips. They were close. So close that their lips were barely touching, but heated.