5

CHAPTER 5

T H E   L O V E   I   W I S H   Y O U   H A D

____________________________________________

Sohye got home at midnight. She was probably lost is Jungkook's house for at least twenty minutes but she finally found her way around. She was walking the dark streets of the night and the stars that were above her head was beautiful to her. But her mind was chaos once she saw that her feet were at her house's footsteps. She didn't want to go in but she knew that if she didn't enter sooner or later, her parents would do something.

She opened the door to her house and found the typical beer and wine bottles laid out on the floor. The stench of alcohol covered the fabrics of the couch and the reek of her drunk parents, pasted out on the floor. She couldn't see them as good people. She didn't know why her parents would just leave her and use her for things that they could do on their own. But she was stuck under this horrible roof of hers and she didn't have enough money to leave this place. Until she worked hard enough to get a scholarship for university, then she could live by herself and not with her parents.

She quietly went to her bedroom and changed into clothes that were more comfortable. She had her shift that night and she needed to go to work this week or else she would get fired. Her co-worker already filled in for her for the past few days that she was supposed to go to and she had to go today.

Sohye worked at a convenience store. It was the only job she could get at night and she was willing to stay up even if she was dead in the morning. Her goal was to get out of her house and the only way she could achieve that was by receiving money. But the problem was that her parents would steal her money from time to time. They were not only addicted to alcohol, but would enjoy the ragging noise of gambling. It was more of her father who would gamble their money away and her mother would usually have to fight with him. Her parents would always have arguments. Throwing glass all over the floor and in the end, Sohye would have to clean it up. They didn't divorce yet because they were too busy with their lives they made a mess with.

Sohye got to the convenience store and saw Jimin waiting for her at the cashier stand. Jimin was her co-worker who created the store to become a quite popular place. Why? Because the man was the handsome one. He would push back his hair and it would drive girls crazy. His brown doe eyes that would lure you in right away. And the muscular body he was ripped with. That's why the store was so popular. Because a bunch of girls would come by and try to see if they could win his heart. But whenever Sohye came by, she would simply be called out for 'taking' Jimin away from his 'fans'. However, Jimin was the only nice person to Sohye. She wouldn't consider him a friend, but they were good acquaintances.

Sohye did tell him about her parents and what they did to her but he never asked about anything else. She told him because he didn't know anyone that she knew. This was completely between them and and only them. Two people who were strangers.

"Did they beat you up again?" She nodded. He grabbed her wrist and began to take out the first aid kit. He cleaned the wound and started stitching the area. Putting a bandage around it and later giving her a glass of water. "Thanks." She said quietly.

Jimin was starring into her eyes and contemplated on if he should. Let's be honest here. Jimin liked Sohye from the begin he laid eyes on her. He's been crushing on her for 4 years now and he didn't like anybody else. "Sohye." She looked at him with these beautiful dazzling eyes of hers as she listened to what he was going to say. "I like you." She was surprised. Nobody liked her. Nobody knew her. Nobody cared. So why would this boy who got so many girls like her? "I um. I don't know."

Jimin got closer to her and began to seal the gap between them. He heart pounding reacting to his actions and the sweat tracing down his neck. With one swift move he ran his fingers into the silkiness of her hair. His hands hooking onto the back of her nape and smelling the sweet scent of her perfume. Their lips got closer until he could feel her breath on his.

They were so close to kissing but Sohye's mind was wavering with different things. Besides Jungkook kissing her, this would be her first real kiss. This boy that was in front of her was about to kiss her and she didn't back out. She stood still and waited for him to make a move. Waiting for him to claim her as his. Jimin touched her lips and only kissed her for a few seconds. But it felt so soft and her serendipity was everywhere.

But before they could pull away,

He walked in.

Can you guess who?