3

C H A P T E R T H R E E

C U R I O S I T Y

_________________________________________

For the whole day, Jungkook looked at her

For the whole day, Jungkook looked at her. Through the halls. Through the window. Everywhere. He saw the bandages wrapped around her arm and he was yearning for the answer of who did it to her. But he kept questioning himself.

Why would Jeon Jungkook want to know what goes on with Park Sohye's life when he was the one who harmed her everyday? He kept telling himself that she deserved that wound. She deserved to be hurt and in pain. But deep down, it kept bothering him. It wasn't like she cared for her, but it was like a ticking time bomb. You knew that at certain moment it would go off yet you still fear it because of its sound.

He wanted to see her and just ask her what was but he ignored that feeling. And instead decided to do what he does best to her.

Jungkook spotted her walking along the soccer field. Finding himself rushing after the girl where she was located at the back of the school. Stepping into the girls change room that nobody uses. Nobody really did use that change room because nobody cleaned up that place.

He saw her open the door and closed it right behind her back. He walked up to the room and saw the weak figure sitting on the ground. Watching the blood painted on her uniform and body all crippled from the pain.

Jungkook looked at her. Questioning why he was so bothered by her. She deserved to be hurt. Deserved to be beaten up and ache.

Sohye was crying all alone. More bruises on her arms and legs and the worse one on her wrist that he first saw. The skin was all irritated and blood was dried around the wound. The red, small cuts that surrounded her ankles and the swelling from the bruises. He could tell she was crying from the pain of her body and she needed medical attention.

Sohye looked at Jungkook and finally noticed that he was there. While Jungkook was thinking about helping her, Sohye only throught that he was enjoying the moment. Starring at her all hopeless and vulnerable and ready to give her more pain that she would have to endure.

"Why are you here?" Sohye asked. She started to wipe away her tears and look in the other direction where he couldn't see her face. "You need help." He said. He was serious for once. He didn't consider beating her up. "And why would you say something like that when you're the one who desires to harm me."

She began to stand up as he felt the guilt build up in his heart. She was going to pass him as she walked out. But her vision was blurring and felt like she was spinning in circles. "I don't need help." She was trying to walk away but her eyes couldn't keep up. The sight of the sky in front of her was turning to black and she fell. The feeling of emptiness and fainting to the ground.

But her body fell into his arms. "You do need help. So stop trying to act strong when all I can see is pain." He whispered as she was in his hands. Jungkook carried her on his back and pulled out his phone. "Namjoon, I'll need you to pick me up early today. I have a situation that I have to take care of."

||

Kim Namjoon was Jungkook's personal butler. He was in the care of the Jeon's for all of Jungkook's life. He saw him grow up through his happy and sad moments, but never did he bring a girl back home.

He was curious what relationship this girl had with Jungkook because he knew that he was never interested into a commitment relationship. Namjoon looked closer at her from the mirror as he was driving. She had cuts and bruises all over her and blood that stained her uniform. But he didn't ask questions. However, Namjoon thought that Jungkook was finally growing up, finding someone who he can hold on too and love. He knew that he suffered once his mother pasted away and dealing with his father would frustrate him. But having someone on his side could bring him peace in his life.

But we all know the relationship with Jungkook and Sohye. And only if the world knew, then maybe they could understand that it would be hard for either of them to ever have a relationship on good terms.

Jungkook look at her. Her hair covering those eyes. The eyes that were closed as she layed on Jungkook's shoulder. He could smell the sweet smell of her, even when she's been through so much after the past couple of days. But Jungkook couldn't stop starring. Realizing the features that Park Sohye had. Was Jeon Jungkook softening his emotions for this girl? Because right now, his heart was on the verge of pounding.

Namjoon soon pulled to the Jeon's mansion and quickly went to open the door for Jungkook. The young man carried the reckless girl in his arms once again and went straight forward to enter his house.

||

Her eyes were slowly opening. Gaining consciousness as she found herself looking at the bright lights above her. Her eyes seeing clearer as she feels the dizziness around the room. The unfamiliar bed sheets and the way too comfortable bed that she laid on. She couldn't recall of any of the events that happened today and she only remembered her parents causing more scars on her body. The room was decorated like a boy's room. Computers, monitors, and sport shoes. There was clothes from so many brands that were laid out in the closet and the masculine scent the masked the pillows.

Sohye got up from the bed, walking as best as she could to go in a straight line. But she lost her balance, grabbing onto a book shelf and taking a quick breath. However, she looked over to see a woman with a boy. He was smiling and hugging his mother with joy as she held onto him. They both looked happy. Something Sohye never got to have.

As Sohye kept starring at the photo, Jungkook walked in on her. Gazing at the picture that was taken 10 years ago. The year his mother died. "It's you. So how come I never got to see you smile like that." Sohye asked him. The young boy in the photo was Jungkook and he was still handsome when he was young. "The real question is,

how come I've never seen you smile at all."

_________________________________________

M E N T I O N E D C H A R A C T E R

Age: 26Year: GraduatedStatus: quiet, jungkook's butler, wise

Age: 26
Year: Graduated
Status: quiet, jungkook's butler, wise

"Would you need me to cook you breakfast, sir"