Chapter 04: Gonna Sing You My Love Song

In which the reader gets a not-too-pleasant call from her mother and Blair comforts her. Based off of yet another ABBA song bc I'm trash.

February 18, 2019

You say she's been mad at you.Then you say you'll be patient, ooh. Still I see that she makes you blue.Come on, I'll give you consolation.Gonna sing you my love song, gonna bring you some light.Gonna make you feel happy every day of your life.Gonna sing you my love song, gonna make it all right.You're all I ever need, my darling.

Well shit. Your mother officially hated you for this. When you told Andrew though, he was the actual sweetest about it. "Y/N, I know I've said this already but, I only need you and I know you want your parents to approve of this, but I think it's pretty obvious they're not going to. On the bright side sweetheart, we're getting married!" Andrew practically squealed the last part, causing you to cry tears of happiness this time.

Just to be where you want to be. So much fun we could have then, hmm. To be close for eternity. What a miracle to happen.

Despite how much you wanted to prove him wrong, you couldn't. Andrew was your everything, and if your parents couldn't see that, they clearly didn't care as much about you as you thought. "You're right. You're all that I need too." You smiled.

Gonna sing you my love song, gonna sing it for you. Gonna give you sweet loving, gonna give myself too. Gonna sing you my love song, when I think about you.

I know she doesn't make it easy. 'Cause you don't please her like you please me.

"Y/N, I know that this does bother you, but what matters is that you make me proud and happy. What kind of a mother isn't proud of her child regardless?" "Mine, idiot." "You know what I mean!"

You're my life, you're my angel. You're my first, you're my last. Would she care if you lingered, For another night? Want to hold you tight? We could make it right...

You were each other's one and only. The way Andrew loved you and cared about you was everything your mother never showed she felt, if she ever even did. She wouldn't even care if you told her you were marrying this man, that you were going to build a life with him. She wouldn't have a sudden change of heart. She just wasn't the type.

Gonna sing you my love song, gonna bring you some light. Gonna make you feel happy every day of your life.Gonna sing you my love song, gonna make it all right. I know she doesn't make it easy. Gonna sing you my love song, gonna sing it for you.Gonna give you sweet loving, gonna give myself too.Gonna sing you my love song, when I think about you.You're all I ever need, my darling. And I would love to sing my love song...For you.

And to be honest? Andrew's words were enough to convince you even further. But as long as you had him, you didn't care.