Chapter 10

"L-Luna..." I managed to get out. She looked different, but more...evil. I saw that her scar healed after I slashed her face.

Luna smirked and asked mockingly, "Where's your best friend? Did he leave you because you weren't what he wanted you to be?"

I glared at her and said, "It's none of your business. What do you want?" 

"First of all, it is my business. Second, what I want is nothing but for you to suffer," Luna stated as she looked at me with cold eyes.

She kept walking around me in circles and said, "Nikki, you know all that stuff I said back on Tasimo, where I felt 'betrayed'? You know, I was wrong."

I felt a flicker of hope in my heart. But it immediately vanished when she said, "I was tricked. By you."

"W-wait! That's not true! I had to leave! The guild was a player killer group! I don't want to become like them! Do you really think this is the path set out for you?" I cried.

Luna burst out laughing and said, "Are you trying to save me? Seriously? I didn't know you still cared!"

"What are you talking about?" I asked, hesitating at every word.

"It's been eight months and I became a different person now. Guess what? Kriyos was about to throw me out of the guild, but I convinced him to give me one more chance. Sure, I lost my position as an elite, but at least I'm in the guild. Thanks to you, he doesn't trust me anymore. But again, I never did with you either," Luna said.

"Y-you what?" I asked.

"Did you really think I wanted to be friends with someone like you? Back at that town, where I said all that great stuff about you, those were all lies! And when I said I felt betrayed and hurt, that was just talk to get you back into the guild," Luna replied.

"You wanted me to get back? I don't understand..." I started. Did all she see was another soldier in the guild?

"Yes, I did. But it wasn't because you would help us. It was because..." she paused.

I waited for the response.

Luna looked at me with a concerned look and then gave an evil smile. "It's because I wanted to see you die."

My heart stopped. I felt numb and I felt the world around me stop as if I was in a plastic world. I felt like all the energy inside me was drained.

Luna cackled in delight. "Did you think you were so great?! You were horrible at fighting that beast back in the fourth floor! I thought it was a great opportunity to see someone like you fall and die! I saved you because I was going to wait for the perfect moment: when you scream for my help but I leave you to die in the hands of hell!"

"No...no..." I pleaded. Luna's laughs filled my ears and I imagined my dead body, lying there on the ground being looked down upon by Luna.

"Well, this was great and all, but this time I'm going to kill you out of delight...and revenge. You made me feel weak and looked down upon and I lost all my respect because of you! Oh, I can't wait to get back to the guild and tell everyone about this story! Then after I kill you, then I'll kill your Reo, and then I'll kill Kriyos! Everyone will give me respect and praise and no one will ever look down upon me ever again!" Luna yelled. 

She pulled out her sword and she grinned in malice. She was not Luna. She was a psycho, a maniac...a real player killer.

I have to fight. Reo can't save me now.

I pulled my saber out of my sheath and stood up. 

"Finally, you decide to fight instead of your savior standing up for you!" Luna laughed and jumped. She landed her sword on mine and she gave me a maniac smile. I wasn't going to be scared of her. Not anymore.

I kicked her chest and she staggered back. I readied my sword and charged towards her. She dodged, but just in time, I extended my sword like I did to cut the beast before and I cut her stomach.

I didn't go all the way, though. I just scratched the surface. It must have given her a lot of pain, as I heard her shriek. I looked behind me to see her clutching her stomach.

As I was about to proceed, she quickly lunged towards me and held me down. I was on my stomach and I tried to get up, but she stepped on my back. I grunted and her sword was pointed at the back of my neck. 

"I'm surprised that you actually injured me. Not bad, for a dunce. But this time, it's over," Luna said. I felt the tip of her sword pierce lightly into my skin. I screamed in pain and grabbed my sword.

I swung my right arm around and the sword hit her leg. She fell back and I started to swing my sword down on her. I was mad, hurt, ruthless.

She gave cries of pain as I kept landing blows on her. Soon enough, there were big red cuts everywhere on her body. If this was the real world, it would've looked more bloody.

"This is what it means to be a player killer. You don't like how it feels, do ya? Ha!" I laughed coldly. I was going to go for the killing blow, but then I looked at her. The evil and craziness in her was gone and she was...crying?!

"Nikki, please! Don't kill me! I won't bother you ever again! Please don't! I beg for mercy!" Luna pleaded as she handed me her sword.

I couldn't believe it! I stared at her, bewildered. Mostly because she was crying out genuine tears. I lowered my sword and said, "Fine. But come again, and it will be over for you."

She stood up, her breath shaky. She looked at me and I held her gaze, then she left, limping. I looked at my hands and my sword.

What have I done?