Chapter 15

The next day, Mei, Reo, and I were getting food. We bought bread and we brought it back home. We ate and talked a lot. It reminded me of my family dinner. I was starting to get a feeling of nostalgia. I really miss them. It's been probably a year already. 

"Hey, Nikki? You good?" Reo's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. 

"What? Oh, yes! I'm fine!" I immediately replied. 

"Nope. I know that look. You always do that when you're worried about something. What is it?" Reo asked.

I sighed. He knew me all too well. "It's just that...I've been thinking about my family lately. I mean, it's probably already been a year ever since the game started. I've never been away from my family for this long. It...hurts."

"Oh. I know that feeling. I miss my family too, you know? It's hard, but I know that someone, whether it be us or someone else, will clear the game. People here have determination, determination that will get them far. They are so desperate to see their family again that they will clear all one hundred floors just to get a chance to see them again," Reo said.

"Reo's right. We can't give up hope. We need to keep going," Mei said. 

I hesitated for a bit, but nodded as I listened to their words. We continued eating in silence, having our own thoughts to ourselves. I thought about what my family was doing. Did they lose hope on me yet? Did they think that I was going to die in this game? I already know someone who thought I was going to die.

Luna. That maniac bastard who was going to recruit then betray me. After all, the thrill of the hunt never lasts long for her. And Kriyos, the commander, probably already wanted me dead no matter what. They lost hope for me. I was going to make sure nobody else lost hope for me either.