Chapter 22

A few weeks after our hospital stay, I was finally healthy enough to go to school. This time, I transferred to SAO Survivor School, a school dedicated to the survivors of the game of death.

I hated school, but I knew that I was among friends. And besides, it was better than being stuck in SAO! I put on my uniform, ate breakfast, brushed my teeth, fixed my hair, and grabbed my backpack.

I quickly got into the car and waved my brother and mom goodbye. As I got into the car seat, my dad asked, "How are you, kiddo?"

"Good! My arm still hurts a little, but I'll be fine," I reassured. The car drive was not too long, so I was a little early when I arrived. I kissed my dad goodbye and walked off. There was only a few people at the entrance, waiting. 

I looked to see if Reo was among them, but unfortunately, he wasn't. I waited just like them and none of us talked much. I didn't recognize any of them, so I just stayed quiet. A few minutes later, more people started to come. There was a lot of people, so it was hard to find Reo, and most of them were a little taller than me, so it made it even harder.

I kept bumping into people, trying to get out of the crowd. Suddenly, my foot hit something and I tripped. I bumped into someone pretty hard, but the person helped me up. 

"You okay?" a male voice asked. I turned and said, "Yeah! I-"

When I looked into his eyes, it was those same eyes looking into mine when we both vanished and made it to the real world. It was that handsome face smiling at me. It was Reo. Reo's eyes widened as soon as he realized that it was me. Reo smiled and took my hand, leading me away from the crowd. 

"Hi, Nikki," he softly said. 

"Oh, um. I forgot to tell you my real name. I'm Maori Kurishima," I said.

Reo kept murmuring my name, making sure he got it, then he said, "My name is Haru Morisaki."

"Haru..." I said. We leaned closer and our lips touched. I was finally with him, with Haru. I heard a few people whispering, but I paid no attention to them. Once we parted, we embraced each other. 

"Maori...it's so good to see you again," Haru said. 

"Same here," I replied.

Once we saw the doors open, we stopped and looked at each other. Haru slowly took my hand in his and I returned the favor. We walked together, entering a new school, and a new life.