Chapter 13

A few days later, Reo and I were walking along the forest of the eight floor. We managed to complete the seventh floor and we moved on to the eighth. We made sure to use our col and skills wisely, for we needed it to move on to the ninth floor.

"What else do we need to do?" I asked.

"Not really anything. We haven't been finding a lot of NPC's lately, so quests will have to wait. Maybe we could-"

A shrill scream erupted in the air. We turned toward the sound of the scream and started running.  

Who could it possibly be?! Wait...could it be...

Images of Luna standing over a dead body and watching it vanish sickened and angered me. If she played me by being all sorry, then I would be the one to make her sorry. As we arrived at the scene, we saw four people, three guys and a woman, circling a girl in a hood.

I sighed a breath of relief to find out it wasn't Luna or the Sun Shadow. They turned to see us and one of the guys harshly said, "This isn't any of your business. Leave."

"What are you doing to her? You have no right to attack somebody!" Reo yelled.

"Actually we do. This filthy animal wanted to join our guild, but she makes us look weak! And our guild hates weaklings like her. So I suggest you step back before her fate becomes yours," the woman warned as she narrowed her eyes.

I pulled out my sword. "Then come at me," I challenged.

The three guys whooped and jeered at me at the same time. The woman tucked her red hair back and smiled darkly. "Fine. I'll propose a duel!"

"You're on!" I said. Reo gave his support as the timer to the duel began to tick. After the screen said BEGIN, we dashed towards each other. Our swords clashed against each other and we started landing blows. My sword attempted to land on her shoulder, but missed and she managed to get mine.

I grunted in pain and quickly got up. "You shouldn't have challenged me, girl," the woman said.

I turned and I jumped. She dodged out of the way. I was getting more frustrated as the fight progressed. I was losing and the duel was almost over.

The woman started laughing and the men joined in too. I gritted my teeth and yelled in rage. As fast as I could, I thrust my sword into her sword arm. She shrieked and I saw her HP bar quickly lower into the yellow zone. I pulled my sword out, spun the other way and got her right leg as well.

Her health was finally in the red zone. I had no intentions of killing her, but I at least got the message towards her. The duel ended and I was the winner.

The three men helped her up and looked at me with cold glares. I responded, "Let the girl go. She doesn't deserve to be treated like that. It kind of saddens me that you four are too stupid to accept someone in your guild."

"Whatever, you brat!" one of the men spat. Reo came to my side and said, "She beat one of your teammates to the red zone. Is this member considered weak now?"

They all looked at each other, realizing Reo's statement. "N-no! Don't you dare listen to them! I'm one of your strongest fighters! Sh-she must've cheated!" the woman screamed.

"The duel settings can't let you cheat. You must've known that by now, but you're so desperate to accuse me of things only Akihiko Kayaba can do. Now let me say it again. LET HER GO," I raised my voice. 

They all shot fiery glares at Reo and me as we turned to help the girl up. She looked at us with wide green eyes and then looked down. 

"You won't get away with this!" another guild member yelled. The guild turned and walked and then disappeared into the shadows of the forest. After that, Reo asked, "Are you okay?"