Chapter 18

Kriyos looked at me with wide eyes, then smiled evilly.  "Well! That's new! This duel will be your funeral, Nikki."

I pulled up a tab and pressed the DUEL button. Kriyos obviously accepted it and the countdown started.

"NIKKI! NO!" Reo screamed. I couldn't bear to look at him, all sad and upset. The countdown hit one and the duel started. Kriyos and I drew our swords and we looked at each other. The Sun Shadow couldn't interfere, and neither could Reo or Mei, so they all stood off to one side. 

I charged towards Kriyos with my sword extended and he did the same. Our swords clashed against one another and we moved as fast as we could. I spun around with my sword in hand and tried to go for his arm, but he blocked the move and chuckled.

I skidded back and glared at him. "You've grown stronger, but not strong enough to face your own commander!"

I looked at him and asked, "Who said I was your commander?"

I got up and readied my sword. Kriyos came at me, but I jumped, landed on his shoulders, and kicked him back, causing him to fall and lose some of his HP.

I saw some of the Sun Shadow members wince as they saw their leader fall. Reo and Mei still looked concerned, but there was a bit of relief in their eyes. I turned to see Kriyos as he stood up. 

There was still about a minute of the duel left. Kriyos spun around and looked at me with evil hatred. "If that's how you want to play it, then be my guest!!" he yelled.

He gripped his sword and he ran towards me. He started landing really fast blows that were hard to dodge. Now I know how much he hates me!

He landed his sword on the ground, but missed. As I jumped, he grabbed my leg and swung me over. I landed on the ground with a thud. Kriyos quickly went over and started swinging his sword onto mine. He growled in rage and looked at me with hatred.

For a minute I thought of this same moment with Luna. Reo was there to save me, but this was a duel and I don't think no one could save me now. He kept banging on my sword, twice as hard as Luna. I was certain that my sword was going to crack. Kriyos yelled in rage and smashed his sword so hard on mine that mine cracked.

Crap!! I couldn't use it anymore! Kriyos laughed and he slashed my shoulder. I screamed in pain and I looked over my shoulder. I saw a big red line from the top of my shoulder to my waist. I tried escaping him but he returned with another blow, which hurt more.

Already my body was covered in two big marks. I looked to my HP bar and it was close to the red zone. Then Kriyos swung his sword down on my other shoulder, which made my HP bar go into the red zone. I was almost dead. 

Kriyos looked at me and laughed. Then he yelled, "TIME TO DIE!!" He brought his sword back up and was going to finish this duel. 

I never got to say goodbye to my family or my friends. Was this the end for me? I can't die now, but I'm going to anyway! No!

I saw the light reflect onto Kriyos's sword, blinding me. But when he swung his sword down, the light was gone. I looked to see a figure stand in front of me. And there I realized that my savior was wearing a hood and holding a dagger, a dagger she thought would get her through her hard times. My savior was Mei...and now she was going to pay the price.