Beginning to an End

REWRITEN - 28th January 2016 [This is for the whole book] [Nothing's majorly different, just less mistakes in grammar and wording]

Story Notes:

- Steve sister is 'The Winter Soldier'

- Bucky is also a super soldier + he woke up with Steve in the iceberg.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier | Alive but not Awake | Beginning to an End

Seven men and one woman stood on the edge of a snowy mountain, trickles of snow laying on the ground as they survey the area and cable line that was attached to the other side of the death drop.

It was nearly nightfall, each solider equipped with a loaded gun and covered in protective gear that would keep them warm from the frozen breeze. The two biggest men, Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers's stood either side of Ava Rogers - Steve's twin and Bucky's love of his life. Ava Rogers was a unique character, she applied for the army as one of the research assistants for the project that made Steve and Bucky what they are today. She was granted permission to fight alongside them as she had extensive training of weaponry and missionary tactics, something some men yearn for and especially for a woman - that was impressive. Everything just came easy for her; from learning to fighting.

Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers went under the experimentation procedure of the super-serum, meaning they would have all heightened senses, more muscle but all around the invincible solider to fight for an incredible cause. Both boys were in their Captain America and Lieutenant America Uniforms while Ava was wearing a pair of black pants that were slightly baggy on her figure, a thin sweater shirt and a jacket that made her look military. Her shoes were snow and water resistant but great for any running and moving around, her thin chestnut hair with streaks of natural blonde mixed in was styled in a casual side braid that she had worn for most of her life.

To the side two members of the team were turning dials of a small radio box, the one thing that would tell them if Doctor Zola was on the train that would be coming past at any moment. This was their one shot at getting the second-hand guy and finding out everything Hydra were doing so they could stop it before anything bad happens. The recon team includes Bucky, Steve, Ava and another guy who was to stay on top of the train waiting for the other three to complete their mission. Voices came through on the set of headphones, getting the two interceptors to listen to see if their Intel was indeed true.

Ava sighed in exasperation looking between her twin and boyfriend when she saw the zip wire they were going to be using, "Oh, Stevie ... Bucky," She grumbled, putting a pout on her lips as she turned to the two most important boys in her life, "This is payback isn't it." She assumed. There was that one time when she had gotten both the boys to throw up and she laughed so hard that she nearly cried. "Is this because I made you both throw up when you rode the Cyclone on Coney Island?"

Bucky and Steve shared a look before smirking, "Now, why would we do that?" Bucky spoke, almost too innocently.

Ava shook her head with a heartedly chuckle, actually eyeing the zip line with a little unease. She was ok with heights, she had no problem with them - it's just the fact of whether the line would break or not while she was actually on there.

"You were right!" The coloured man who had the headphones on his head called. Ava, Bucky and Steve looked around as he did so, "Doctor Zola's on the train." He told them as they walked forwards towards him, "Hydra dispatcher gave him permission to open up the throttle." The man frowned, looking thoughtful, "Wherever he's going, they must need him bad."