Past Brought to the Present

Captain America: The Winter Soldier | Alive but not Awake | Past brought to the Present

Steve sat in the driver's seat, Natasha sat in the front passenger's seat and Bucky decided to take up residence in the back seat all by himself. Laying back to make himself comfortable, similar to what Natasha was doing as she placed her feet on the dashboard without a care in the world.

The three of them had just escaped yet another near hit by Shield, as the Strike team had nearly intercepted them again. They had gone to the nearest mall so they could quickly use one of the Apple Store's 'for-sale' computers to find out what was on the memory stick Fury had given the two super soldiers. In the end Natasha wasn't able to find out what was on it – only a location from where the memory stick information had actually come from. The location was a blast from the past, for both Bucky and Steve; the signal was coming from 'Wheaton, New Jersey' – the place they had both trained for the war all those years ago.

So, now they were on their way their way to 'Wheaton, New Jersey'; hoping to gain information that they didn't already know – or at least find out who's orchestrating every event that's happened so far. A nice thing to know as well; was who wanted them dead or was it just Shield themselves.

Natasha turned to glance between the two boys, "So, where did Captain America and Lieutenant America learn how to steal a car?" She questioned, honestly shocked – well, Barnes she would expect that from, but Steve ... it's a shocker.

Steve let out a small chuckle, "Nazi, Germany." He began, "Avery, my sister – she taught us quite a few things before –" His words got caught in his throat as his mind revolved to his twin sister.

Bucky leaned his head on the window pane with a sad smile, "Ava would call it borrowing though, it's not stealing if we plan to give it back." He turned to see Natasha with her feet still up on the dashboard. He smirked as he brought his head back up, "Nat, you should take down your feet before Stevie throws a hissy fit about keeping the car clean." He chuckled under his breath.

Natasha looked at Steve who raised an eyebrow at her, confirming that Bucky was indeed correct. She rolled her eyes and brought them down to the floor, but her back still leaned against the chair lazily. "Okay, I have a question for you Steve." She turned her head to the lighter haired soldier. "Which you don't have to answer – but I feel though if you don't answer it –"

"What!" Steve impatiently said, but a smile was set on his face.

Natasha's lips turned into a teasing smirk, "Was that your first kiss since 1945?" Bucky immediately barked out an amused laugh when Steve's face turned slightly red at the question.

Steve didn't agree nor disagree but it was obvious to which answer it was, "That bad, huh?" He hadn't actually gotten much practice anyway before the ice-burg, since he was always out on mission or busy with other things to do with the war – he never really got a chance to have a proper date with Peggy and do things like that.

Natasha held up her hands in surrender, "I didn't say that." She protested, but the smile was still on her face – she found it really easy to tease him. She would leave Bucky alone though; from what she had read in all the reports he hadn't taken it too lightly when his love life was asked about – it was just best to say nothing unless you wanted a broken face in the morning. She had found it understandable, this 'Avery' seemed to have true love set up with the darker-haired soldier and it didn't seem like Barnes was going to be letting go of those feelings any time soon – or ever.

"It sounded like it." Bucky pitched in, now leaning forwards so his head was poking through the middle of the two front seats – he had just put one of those waist seat belts on, he had found the ones that go across your chest to be extremely uncomfortable and anyway; if there was a car crash, the super-serum would protect him enough.