Now, don't you quit

I had a sleepless night and watched the sunrise. I basically dragged myself down stairs to eat breakfast.
Maxx wasn't awake yet. I sat down at the table and ate a protein bar. I was sick of them but we don't really have anything else.
I couldn't stop thinking about Cody and what he was doing. I then started thinking about Maxx, if we lose our house what will happen to us?
If the band members are moving in with us where would we go?
Maybe if I go with Cody we can at least keep the house.
I heard a creek and I turned around to see Maxx coming down the stairs.
"Avery, I need to tell you something."
"Is it that your band is moving in with us?"
"How did you know?"
"Cody told me,"
"Oh, well im sorry I didn't tell you sooner."
"It's fine, I'm gonna go see cody. Bye"
"Bye,"
I stood up, grabbed my jacket, and started walking to Cody's place.
I made it there and I wasn't too surprised when I saw him moving suitcases into his car.
"Packing up?" I approached him.
"Yeah," he stopped and walked over to me, "so did you think about my offer?"
"I did, I think it would be best for Maxx if we kept the house. Im in" and with those words cody smiled and kissed my lips softly.
I helped him pack his belongings to move.
After about half an hour of work we started driving to our house. It was a very short drive.
There was other cars around our house, everyone else must be here already.
We walked in to see Maxx and Dan playing video games while Zach and Austin cheered them on.
There was suitcases scattered around the place. We only have five rooms in our house so Cody could be in my room with me.
I helped him move his bags up the stairs. When we finished unpacking he started talking, "if you are serious about joining me, tonight is our night. There's a grocery store closing early today, that's the best time to get money." As he said that he handed me a gun.
I grabbed the gun and nodded at him. We went back down stairs and played video games with the guys until it was time to go.
"We should get some sleep, packing is very tiring." Cody said as he stood up.
We all said or good nights and went to our rooms.
When we heard all the doors shut, cody and I opened the window. We climbed out of it.
We had our guns and a bags for the money. We got in his car and started driving to the place he was talking about.
After only a few minutes of driving we could see the place. A man was walking over to the door, probably to lock it. At this point I started to panic but I had to do this, for Maxx.
We got out of the car and ran over to the place and opened the door.
"Um, I'm sorry but we're closing." The man said.
Cody pulled out his gun and pointed it at the man, I did the same.
"I don't want any trouble, if you don't want any trouble I suggest filing these bags with money." Cody grabbed my bag and handed the man both of our bags.
He went behind the counter and opened the cash register, he started filling the bags with money. When he was done he set the bags on the counter.
Me and cody grabbed our bags and started running to the car. This time the cops didn't catch up to us so we got home earlier.