❦ Chapter 42 ❦

Taehyung Pov

Completely exhausted, I arrived home and was enveloped in a fragrant scent that welcomed me as I stepped into the hallway. "I'm back, mommy!", I shouted and rubbed my eyes once before I left my bag in my room and then went into the kitchen. There were many dishes on the table that I loved more than anything, such as bibimbap and kimchi. "Hello, my darling", my mother smiled lovely and put something to drink on the table where I sat down, "How was your day?"

"It was okay... I'm pretty tired and exhausted", I mumbled softly and supported my head with my both my hands, because my eyes kept closing and I didn't want to fall asleep all at. Like a master chef, my mother cut the vegetables for the salad and threw them into the big bowl. I admired my mother, really much because she managed to cook, clean and get her job as a nurse all alone. She was so incredibly talented and the best mother you could ever have.

"You can lie down right after you've eaten, sweetheart", my mother explained, putting the bowl with this delicious salad on the table before she turned in the direction of the kitchen door, "Jongwoo, diner is ready!". The TV that was running in the living room was turned off and my father entered the kitchen a few seconds later. Immediately, I straightened up and tried not to look sleepy even tho I was really tired. "Hello, Taehyung", my father greeted me with a neutral voice and sat on the table opposite me.

My father still resented the lie, while my mother had forgiven me in the meantime. It made me sad that he was like this towards me, but I hoped -as with Yoongi and Jimin- that one day, he would forgive me again and have confidence in me. In any case, I wanted to tell them the truth after the weekend and explain why I had acted like this. But at first, only Yoongi and Jimin should know about this night in order to have the trust of my two best friends again.

They were like brothers to me and were just as close to my heart as my parents and grandparents.

"Hello, father", I greeted him meekly and looked at the plate lying on the table in front of me. Usually, he would always give me a kiss, like my mother when I came home from school, but he recently didn't. A little sigh left my throat before I raised my head and said, "Well... I invited Yoongi and Jimin over the weekend so they could stay with me while you are in Busan. Hopefully, that's not a problem". "No, of course not, sweetheart", my mother smiled and gave me a short kiss on my hairline before she sat down at the table. My father said nothing about it.

"When do they want to come over? On Fridays, you are working with your project partner until late in the afternoon", my mother asked me and slowly took my father's plate in her hand, on which she put a large portion. "They want to come Saturday and stay until about Sunday afternoon", I mumbled, not touching the food for now, but limiting myself to a glass of water. I wasn't hungry at all anymore, although the food looked so incredibly good. I just felt uncomfortable because I usually had a very good connection to my father. I wanted to give my old me, who told my mother the lie, a slap in the face, but it had happened already.

Lunch was relatively quiet.
Nevertheless, I hastily disappeared into my room and threw myself loudly sighing on my bed before hiding under the blanket. It hurt me that I had such a relationship with my father now. After all, the deep relationship with my parents, to whom I entrusted everything, like Yoongi and Jimin, was extremely important to me.

Without my parents, an important part of my life would be missing. A sigh left my throat again before I closed my eyes and wanted to drift into the land of dreams. But I opened my eyes again when my room door suddenly opened loudly.

"I wish you a nice weekend with Yoongi and Jimin. Enjoy the time and have fun. I love you, my son", my father said with a warm voice and closed the door quietly again.

I was surprised, but above really happy. My father was usually very stubborn and didn't give in so quickly. Because he said something like that to me and then with such a sweet voice, it actually melted my heart. Happily, my eyes closed again and I fell asleep with a huge smile on my lips.

• ────── ✾ ────── •

Author's note: Not the best update, but I was really nervous today •-•
I applied for a job on my school (where I have to watch the younger students and help them to do their homework) and I think that I totally fucked up 😣
Ugh, I really hope that they will accept me anyway! Wish me luck, my dreamers 💞

~ ggukstaee 🌺