- Fighting the tide -

A new day, a new mission.

Lance, Shiro and Keith has been told to finish off a Galran base on a planet similar to Earth. The residents were cave dwellers who had ended up attacking to keep themselves and their homes safe.

"We need to get to the main control room and destroy the barriers, then we can free the prisoners and collect some of the currency people use these days." Shiro said with a grin. It was so uncharacteristic for him to give a toothy grin like he was doing now. It freaked he blue paladin out slightly while the red just ignored it.

"Lance, can you try finding the way the Galra have been chasing these people out while I go shut down the shields and main power source?" Keith asked as he reviewed the plan again.

"Yeah, sure." Lance replied as he pulled on the armor that has been specifically made for him.

"Alright. Keith let's try getting more of a plan together before we do anything." Shiro said turning away from the blue paladin.

"No threatening people like you did on you last mission." Lance scolded before hitting the red paladin upside the head.

"Got it." Shiro said before Lance headed towards the canyons.

After three hours Lance finally found something promising. A foot print that was still new laid in the mud next to a pond. He didn't expect the growl that sounded behind him so he pulled out his bayabard and getting into fighting stance.

A large claw, maybe the size on Lance, stepped into the clearing. This creature was clearly not small. It had sharp fang covered in blood from its past meals and kills. It's fire orange eyes were narrowed and hostile. It's face was scrunched into one of pure anger and pain.

It suddenly shot up and was lookin down at Lance.

"Prince Lance?" The creature croaked looking at in with wide eyes.

"Hello. . .?" Lance questioned looking at the creature.

The creature shifted right before Lances eyes. It was chained by its ankles, wings and throat with a shocking device wrapped around its hips.

"I'm Arctic, our kind has been waiting for you for sixteen years! We have been afraid ever since your mothers death. Please, you need to leave!" The shifter begged.

Lance leapt forward and start to undo the chains and shock belt.

"I'm not leaving until your safe, until my people are safe." Lance whispered before he got he final chain off.

"Come, I can carry you away, just wait until the Soldier comes back so I can take off!" She said sighing as she seemed to realize that bargaining was no choice with Lance.

"Right!" Lance said climbing onto her back before she shifted.

-with Keith And Shiro-

"He hasn't answered me! Shiro!" Keith was panicking.

"I'm sure he's fine, Keith." Shiro said as he sighed.

"If he's dead I'm blaming you." Keith murmured under his breath.

"Got it." Shiro said sarcastically.

- With Lance And Arctic -

"I thought you said they were going to feed you!!" Lance whisper shouted at the shifted Whilran (A/N: their species are called Whilrs).

"Apparently they weren't." Arctic snapped at him as she tried to pace but could only go so far.

"Alright, I'm going to go and offer to fight you. Then you can fly off with me on your back and I can finish my mission." Lance said before clasping his hands together.