Chapter Eight

That perfect night... To think it had already been a week since then. That next morning after Owen and Lizzy's date, testing had started... Just like Cassie had claimed. This place was no paridise any more. It was simply a hellish prison now. And if Lizzy thought this was bad for herself, she could only imagine the first floors pain. Today would start another exausting series of tests and procedure. What they were for, Lizzy had no idea, just that she would always hate needles from now on. Lizzy was picked up that morning by vallery who had been treating her a lot different thest past few days. A lot more cold and isolated.

"C'mon Lizzy. Just a bit more. Keep at it!" Yelled the plump man who had been her trainer.

"I can't do this no more sensi Chang! Please... I'm tired!" Lizzy cried out helplessly collapsing to the ground. She had been running for what seemed like hours nonstop. This was all to much and she couldn't handle the strain on her legs no more.

"That's five less minutes than yesturday..." Her sensi observed with disappointment.

"Well maybe if I wasn't running ten miles a day...!" Lizzy squealed in exaustion.

"Fine. Your excersise testing is done for the day. See you after dinner." With no more further discussion, vallery roughly handled Lizzy's arm and dragged her along back to her own room again.

After a week of testing, Kate was literally unapproachable. She would lash out at anyone who dared to come into her room. Of course they still did and would always be jabbing her with some sort of needle or needles.

Today was another day for that as they came in and had to hold Kate down to to give her whatever the hell they were injecting into her. Most of the staff that held her down now already had previous scratch marks on them.

Scratching and clawing was not Kate's only weapon however. In dire situations she'd resort to biting them. It seemed today was a dire situation day as they held her down.

Someone's hand was close enough to Kate's face that she immediately sank her teeth into it like some sort of rabid animal.

"Damnit!" Yelled the male nurse pulling his hand back. He examined his hand and noticed the teeth marks. Fury soon shown it's way into his eyes and he swung back, slapping Kate harshly on the face enough to sting emensly.

"That's what you get when you don't cooperate!" He seethed at the girl.

Kate's fury reached a fever pitch. She struggled more then she had ever had before continuing to attempt to bite the man or at least anyone at this point. The man laughed at Kate's struggle knowing she wasn't strong enough against all of these nurses and doctors.

"We only need an ounce if your blood this morning!" The man said strangled as he clamped her arm down do her side and pulled the cover off a big needle with his teeth. He wetted her arm where the vein was and quickly plunged the sharp neddle into her, getting the vein out of pure luck. He pulled on the syringe and just the right amount he had needed. He roughly took the needle out and walked over to a counter.

"Take patient three back to her room now." The man said between clenched teeth, and they did just that. Dragging Kate along on the ground as she still kick and struggle.

Lizzy was finished with dinner now, dreading her evening tests. If there was nothing wrong with her, or anyone on this floor for that matter, was this all neccissary? Lizzy await vallery to come again, but it was taking longer than usual. Maybe she wasn't coming today, maybe...

The door opened gently and Lizzy's hopes of not having to take this test today vanished. She got up to walk with her nurse, but then she noticed this wasn't vallery... It was Owen. Tears filled her eyes with happiness and relief. She jumped at him and hung on tightly.