"Like Always"

Maya's POV

When I woke up I was in mine and Andy's room. My leg hurt a little, but a good hurt like it was getting better. I could hear Jack, Vic, and Andy talking. I looked at Jack and Vic, they both had portable O2 with them. I could hear them talking about the fire. I was trying to keep quiet so I could hear about it, if they knew I was awake then they would only want to ask me how I was feeling and I wanted to hear about the fire. I waited to say something until I couldn't help myself. Once Jack realized I was awake, he came and sat next to my bed like always.

After a little while of talking, I finally cracked the joke I had been waiting for.

"Ready for the revalue," I said as I pull the blankets off my leg. Once I removed the blanket I revealed a long cast going all the way up my thigh. It had a lime green base color, and pink and orange candy strips going up it.

"That the cool cast, I've seen," Vic said while laughing

A few minutes later Dr.Link walked in,

"How are you feeling?" He asked

"Pretty good," I said

"Okay, well tomorrow I will have you start physical therapy, so you can get good at using your crutches. In a few days, you'll be ready to go home and in 2 weeks we will change your cast. Hopefully, by then the swelling will be down and the cast will fit better" he added

"Ok," I said

"As for you Andy," he said while turning his body to her "I got an opening in my schedule, so if you would like we can do your surgery tonight and you can begin physical therapy tomorrow too"

"Yeah, I like that" she answered

"Okay, I'll put that on the schedule. What color cast are you thinking?" He asked

"Something that looks like fire" I interjected

"Okay, I'm gonna have to do my research on making a cast that looks like fire" he joked "someone will be down in a bit to get you," he said as he left the room.