Just My Luck

I am in the middle of the hallway walking to the cafeteria, my science class got out early so I will likely be alone in the cafeteria for a while. When I step in I see a big sign along with an even bigger bouquet of flowers being held by Jesse the sign read, will you go to the dance with me?

"Dude, I thought you were someone else," he said.

"Who are you asking," I wondered.

"You'll see," he says. Secretly I was thinking good luck, Jesse, he deserves a good girl. A little curious about who the girl was, I ran through the possibilities in my mind... it might be Jane or Cindy or you never know maybe Stinky Staci. About 3 min. Later banana walks in. Then I'm in shock.

"Banana," Jesse says "I've been having feelings for you ever since we square danced together and I was wondering if you would give me the honor of escorting you to the dance?" WHAT?? Did he ask Banana? I almost say out loud. And then came the reply, oh please so no!

"Of course," she said. Sure I was a little bit mad before when he square danced with her but, this is a completely different level. He knows I like her. In fact, he's the ONLY one who knows I like her. He just betrayed me and stomped on all the trust I gave to him. There is no forgiving him now. Besides It's about time I found a new seat at lunch. The entire lunch period I sat with Broom-Hilda on the other side of the cafeteria watching Jesse and Banana flirt. It should be me sitting there beside her. Maybe if I would have asked her first she would have said yes to me. But what if they have been having a secret relationship this whole time. Eventually, I convinced myself out of the idea, Jesse is terrible at keeping secrets and I would have figured out by now. I wonder if I brought Broom-Hilda to the dance, Banana would become jealous and come running to me. But being realistic, she wouldn't. All I could do was sit here and be jealous for the last 15 min. Of lunch.