Make_Up

After losing the Stem Fair, with my, More Math. I'm not shocked we lost but whatever-- this year wasn't mine. Loss of friends, and overall life. Seventh grade-- the worst of them all. Thankfully the last day is soon.

Today is when all the classes finish up-- since it's Friday, and Tuesday being our last one. I'm hoping to not be a total outcast.

One of the last days in homeroom will be very soon. Actually walking there now. You get okay with being a nobody. But something always wishes you were worth more than just a blob in the hall.

"Hey, Little-man," a familiar voice comes up behind me.

Turning around-- to see it's Jesse. He looks almost sad. "Hello?"

"I'm sorry for all my bad behavior," Jesse runs up to me.

"Bad behavior?" acting like I have no idea what he is talking about.

"I know I was selfish about stealing your crush," he speaks.

"A little selfish," agreeing with him.

"But you need to understand something," Jesse stops. "You deserve an explanation."

"Yes, I do," agreeing with him once again.

"The only reason Banana was my partner was because," he paused.

"Because?"

"I was supposed to tell her how amazing you were," Jesse shakes his head. "But..."

"But?"

"I realized why you liked her."

"So," realizing why he did what he did. "You didn't do it because you were a jerk."

"Not at all," we stop again-- this time in front of the classroom. "I'm not sure you can ever forgive me."

"You're right," looking at him confused. "But looking back-- you should never forgive me either."

"We messed up," he nods. "But we're best friends, Little-man!"

"How bout we forget any of this ever happened," I say since he's my best friend.

"But you don't mind that Banana."

Cutting him off since it was obvious knowing what he was going to say.

"You two deserve each other."

"Thank you Little-man," Jesse smiles.

"But if I get a girl," stopping him from opening the classroom. "You need to promise that if I'm acting weird, no unfriending."

"Little-man remember," he sounds serious. "Bros before hos."

We laugh and walk into the classroom to see Arlo and Banana in the class.

"Are you two still fighting?" Banana asks.

"No," smiles Jesse. "Bros?"

"Bros!"