Assignment Day

"Wake up. It's that day." I felt someone shake my shoulder. I rolled over to the other direction and put my pillow over my head.

"ugh, no."

"Ugh, yes." I shook my head under the pillow and started to snore once more. I felt that same person grab my arm and pull me, but I grabbed the railing of my bed and held on tight!

"Ugh!!" I felt them give up. When I looked to see who it was it was Liz. I laughed alittle. she waved her hands in the air in surrender.

"Fine!" and with that she walked out my room. I snored in reward of my winnings. I started to easily fall asleep when my bed lifted up. I clenched it with my hands and tried not to fall out, but I failed and rolled out my bed. Then covers fell on my back and so did my pillow. My face hit the floor. I screamed in frustration.

"Why can't I just ge-" I looked up from my pillow to see Kid holding my bed and laughing a little to himself. I grabbed my pillow and violently through it at him.

"Get out my room!!" I stood up and grabbed his shoulder and dragged him out my room. When he was out side my door he turned around and pointed to his watch on his wrist. I rolled my eyes and shut the door in his face.

"Okay!! So have we trained enough?" We where in Lords Death room waiting to get our assignment. We all nodded yes. Zane and Teddie where on my right and left. Same with Liz and Patty with Kid.

"Wonderful!! now switch weapons!" I heard Teddie sigh and walk over to Kid's side. Zane just gave me a glare and walked over by Kid. Liz and Patty walked to my side as well. I just sighed and looked at the ground. Liz put her hand on my shoulder and gave me a smile. I smiled back at her and strightend up. I was so worried...what if something goes wrong...

"Little bit of changes..." Lord Death walked over closer to us. I started to feel my heart sink slowly in my chest. I looked over at Kid. Kid was staring off at his father, not bothering to look suprised.

"We where going to make you two have seprate Keshins, but we changed that to you both fighting one. We found a powerful one that would be a great trail for this test!" He pulled up a picture of a forest. "He is there." Death pointed to the screen then he changed the screen to the Keshin,but for some reason he looked like a gothic human though...almost in his early 30's with sharp teeth and spiky hair. He wore a leather jacket and chains around some parts of his clothes. He had just black eyes...thats probably the only unhuman thing about him.

"I would be on your way now, if you want to get there in time to get him at his weakest point. He is stronger at night.." I nodded. We started to leave the room. Kid was infront of me, he seemed to want to get this over with. I pretended I did not care. But to be honest I wanted him to stay by me and just make me feel better about this, but he had other things on his mind. We started to travel to the forest. It was not far from where we where. We finally came to part of the forest.

"Okay, here is where we split up." Kid turned around and looked at us all. I felt more nervousness take over me.

"But what if something happens?" Zane looked at Kid with an uncertain look.

"I think we can handle it and if something happens then we all try and look for the keshin." Kid turned around and looked around the forest once more,then turned back to me. "Lily, would you mind going to the left of the forest?" I looked to the left and back at him.

"Yes, I can take it." I looked back down at the ground. I tired to stop my nervousness with my happy thoughts about the time with my friends, but I still had something nagging at the back of my mind saying ' you will regret coming here, dont go! ' I tried to shake it off. When I looked up I saw that everyone had seprated Liz and Patty started to walk to the left. Zane and Teddie to the right. I sighed and started to go to the left when I felt Kid's hand on my shoulder. I turned around.