In which I become a temporary assistant

Step 4 out of 13

"I DON'T UNDERSTAND LIFE, Mr. Hades." I mumble to the god of underworld who was task for today babysitting and daily check-up. "I don't understand it too." He mumble as well as we both seat in the top of the palace under the bright sun. "I...I mean how did the people of Egypt survive this intense heat!?" I want to stamp my feet as being boiled by this RAffaying heat. 'Hehe, RAffaying...' I chuckle emotionlessly as I made a pun inside my head. "They are the people of this nation." He simple mumble back. "Through I think if you want to stop the heat so much, how about you—"

"no way." I stop him before he end that sentence. Ever since the festival, the gods seems to try to make me sing... for entertainment or whatsoever but singing once in front of those crowds is hard enough, what will be the crowed of deities? My voice is horrible that's something I'll admit and known before I wish to be a knight...it's a curse, I tell you!

"Xy-Xy!" I heard someone called out from me from the inner wall of the palace. "Oh, it seems I'm being called, I'll be going then, Mr. Hades." I wave my hand to the underworld god who just nodded before he disappear to his job. I jump from the high place I was to the side of the searching prince. "Hello, Atem. What can I do for you?" I look at the much taller boy who turn around. "You're in the roof again? Oh will let's go and play cause I'm done with my lessons~" he then drag me to his room to play without my own approval.

It been a year and haft since the festival and two years over all the time I spend here. Two blessing collected in those two years. So far nothing eventful things except if you add the part that Seto seems to hate my guts since that day. My voice seems to unleash his inner feeling of grudge against me all those time I did wrong and being useless. Will... sorry I'm just a ten years old kid with eight years old body. I remember telling Bakura being the prince playmate for a joke one time but it turn out it was true. I'm just a playmate for the prince... no matter how hard I try to do other works.

Oh that being said, I always running off to play with Bakura who was smiling every time I did. He once said that he fallowed me back before and saw that I was not lying about being the great one and the part that I'm the only pale kid in the desert made it more connected to the rumors about me... rumors that I'm so curious about. Fluffy is so cute~ oh he also mention about his jealousy about the royal family and his hate for stealing me away... what an odd fluff.' Was all I can think about his words and pet his head once again? Ehh that's right I wonder why hades give another bag of gold and jewels.' I thought as I put away the bag that I remember left by the god of the underworld to my bag that has unlimited space and currently full of twenty bags of gold jewels that was given to me by hades since that day of festival. He was like; "here, do what you want with those." And throw the heavy bags to my hands that I almost thought will give up from the heaviness. So far I don't buy anything from those because the royal family giving me food, water and shelter since I been staying in the royal family... I don't really need those wealth for anything.

"Kuriboh~ your so cute as always, buddy~" I stare at the prince as he hugged the hairball that was staring at me with terror on his eyes. 'Ah he still scared of me because of that time when I tried to dissect him...' I thought as I pet Anubis who rub his head on my hand more for affection. "nee, Xy-Xy do you think Seto will play with me again?" the prince ask as he put the hairball to his lap but the hairball tried to hide behind his back when he saw I was looking at him again. "I don't know, Atem but his busy with his priest training like your busy with your prince training." I said. Seto been busy, will he was the most busies that the three of us because his teacher is a nag and always want perfection and that might be the reason the student is also perfectionist.' I thought as I look at the window of the prince room. "Oh! That remind me you're the most free from the three of us~ how envious~" Atem says as he look at me with eyes that remind me of Seto that day when he told me all my wrong and uselessness. I turn and don't meet his eyes from the guilt that start to build in the pit of my stomach. "w-what do you mean by that, prince? I-I ...pretty busy." I partly lied because the haft truth is that I'm either out to play with Bakura or slacking somewhere in town, but I'm just looking for interesting people that might connected to the prince fate and collecting cards.