In which I take the test to Survive in the desert

Step 5 out of 13

"...WHY ARE WE HERE AGAIN?" I ask the smiling prince. A week after being assistant of Seto I suddenly found myself in the middle of desert void of any life forms except the four of us. Seto who have his arm cross and clearly glaring with his normal eyes, Atem who have a big smiling face and the kid who have platinum blond hair, who by the way having his distance from me from an unknown reason to me. "don't the king told you that we have to return to the kingdom and survive a week alone in the desert without anyone assisting us." Seto says as he look around. "this is a normal training and tradition to the heirs of the position like the next pharaoh, priest, and guardian/keeper of the tombs." He added as his finger point the tittle to the said people. "through I don't expect you to tag along." He then glare at me again.

"I don't wish to tag along." I said. 'I'm not insane enough to make myself who cant stand heat to be baked in this hot sun. my body is dead but I can still feel the heat ok?! And being under the sun make's me daze and think blankly. Actually...what was I thinking about just now? Hehe I forget.' I felt my head spinning as I felt Apollo glaring at me from the heaven. "w-why is e-everything s-spinning...?" I look at the double seto with fear in my swirling eyes, "I can see three seto...the world must be ending..." I blurted out as I point at the clearly piss Seto. "huh, you clearly want to taste my wrath?!" he was about to hit me with a stick he have but the blond stop him. "p-please don't do that, Seto-sama." The blond plead as he hold back the second prince of the kingdom. "don't stop me from killing that fool, Marik. His end will do good for this kingdom and world." Because of heat people tend to do things without thoughts.

"please don't fight!" I then felt being splash with water. I realize the situation with sanity now. "oh... thank you, Atem! Through you just waste one of our water bottle." I say as I look at Atem who look nervously at the satan—I mean seto who was wet from the water. "oi-oi... Prince Atem you don't just waste a water, you also splash water to my cloths... pay up." Actually Seto was joking In the last part but his face was serious it can fool someone... someone like me. "it's my fault so I'll pay!" I says as I defend the prince who clearly know Seto was joking. "y-you don't need..." the prince was about to tell me that it was a joke when I already searching something from my bag pack. "I don't really get currency of money here but will this be enough?" I take out one bag of gold and jewels from my bag and give it to Seto who was looking at me with dead fish eyes. "...your kidding right? How the heck do you have wealth that can sustain five years economy for the whole nation in your bag!?" Seto who look at the content of the bag says as he slam his hand to the sand.

"what? That gold and jewels was that loaded?" I look at them with disbelief. The other two then look at the bag and saw the shining treasure within with amazement. "they all sprakling! This...this don't just sustain economy for five years but ten years! It's practically so heavy I can left it!" Atem says and the blond who name was Marik nodded. "this is like god given allowance... how envious" he utter. "Allowance? I don't even need money to begin with." I say as I now realize why Hades keep giving me Bags of those. "ah that's right your freeloading already, so why do you need this big money... I'll keeping this so i can give this to the treasure room to use for any famine the country may face." Seto say as he hide away the treasure to his bag but it was to heavy to curry around. "oh I'll carry it for you and give it to you once we return to the kingdom." I say as I take the bag and put it back to my space. "don't worry I wont take it away after all I don't money." I say to assure them. "oh what should we do now?" I change the topic to the right direction. "w-we need to start walking so we can return early." Marik commented. " is that's so... but where's the direction of the kingdom again?" I look at the empty desert and saw nothing. "..." the four of us become silent and stare at one another. "I actually forget." Atem says as he laugh silly. "...sorry." He knows this was not a laughing matter at all.