59

"I can't believe you kicked Jungkook out just so we can watch the Titanic" Jimin laughed as he grabbed the popcorn out of the microwave, turning towards Taehyung, who was leaning against the counter behind him.

"You know that's his favorite right?"

"Yeah" The younger boy grabbed a handful of popcorn and stuffed it in his mouth. Jimin watched him sallow it before he spoke again.

"But I want to spend some alone time with you."

Jimin rolled his eyes at the others words. "We always spend alone time together, literally everyday."

He moved forward to kiss him, feeling flattered by the fact that despite being together everyday Taehyung still wanted him around.

Jimin pulled away only to be brought back into another salty kiss that left him licking his lips.

"Mm true" Taehyung's voice was just a mere whisper, his lips an inch away from Jimin's, driving him crazy.

"But that's just how I like it."

Jimin's breath caught in his throat, not sure how to respond to the boy in front of him. He closed his eyes when Taehyung kissed his cheek, then followed him back to the blanket fort they made together.

They started the movie as soon as they got comfortable, both boys underneath the same thick blanket with no space in between them. At some point Taehyung had reached out to take Jimin's hand in his, neither of them spoke, but Jimin couldn't fight the small smile on his lips.

About an hour or so into the movie, Jimin started to unconsciously rub circles onto Taehyung's knuckles, causing the other too rest his head on Jimin's shoulder. Taehyung didn't know weather to focus on the warm hand on his or the movie.

"Do you ever think about how the best love stories end in tragedy?" Taehyung looked up at Jimin, who was staring intently at the tv, focusing on every last detail of Jack and Rose's confrontation, as she told him she loved another man.

"Like all the good ones, the real ones, the ones that are actually in love and you can clearly see it. They always have to go through hell to be together and sometimes they still don't get too in the end."

Taehyung tilted his head so he could see Jimin's face better, his face was unreadable, leaving the younger boy to wonder what he was thinking as he stared at the screen.

"Babe, I know the Titanic is sad, but where is this coming from?" Taehyung moved some of Jimin's hair out of his eyes, waiting for him to respond.

Jimin's breath was sallow and his heart was heavy from all the things he wanted to say, but he knew he couldn't without scaring Taehyung away. His thoughts ran wild about how he wished he could find a love like in all the fairytales he read as a kid, or at least one that was worth whatever end it had.

But all he had was a one-sided love with his best friend that was killing him day by day.

"It's nothing, really" Taehyung looked at him suspiciously, making Jimin nervous under his gaze.

"I just... It makes me realize life is really unfair."

The younger boy frowned as Jimin looked down into his lap, avoiding any eye contact at all. He hated seeing him sad, just like the night before the party, it was one of the worst sights he had seen.