94

Cold air surrounded Taehyung as he stood in the empty drive way of Yoongi and Hoseok's house, a thick, black coat protecting him. The sun was setting as he watched the inside of the house come to life when the lights in thier living room were turned on, casting an orange glow onto the front lawn.

He inhaled the cool air, it burned his throat like a small fire, but he kept it in, enjoying the feeling of the flame setting his body a blaze, an intense feeling that was only felt when he was with Jimin.

If Taehyung was lucky enough to ever feel that flame again, then he swore he would never let it go, not as long as he lived.

He exhaled when the lack of air became to much, Taehyung's breath turning into a small white cloud, it's almost frozen state made it look as if he could write on it.

Taehyung licked his lips thinking about what he wanted to say to Jimin, he had prepared all night for this moment, yet he still didn't feel ready to face the other, especially after not seeing him for over a month.

He focused on the misty clouds being blown out in front of him, wishing he could write his entire story on it and send the cloud straight to Jimin just to make things easier and less frightening.

Taehyung knew deep down he was a coward, but this time he wouldn't allow himself to be, because this time something huge was on the line, this time he would strive to be valiant.

Before Taehyung could think twice about what he was doing, his feet were moving forward towards the door that held the most important person to him behind it. He knew that once he knocked on the dark wood there would be absolutely no turning back, Taehyung had to speak to Jimin even if it was through that very door separating them now.

A loud, shuddery breath announced Taehyung standing in front of the thick wood, the knock on it gluing him in his place, making him stay instead of running away.

Jimin opened the door almost immediately, eyes wide from shock when he was face to face with the last person he expected to see, the last person he thought wanted to see him.

Panic rised like a balloon full of helium in the pit of Jimin's stomach, dark eyes meeting lighter ones, both caught in the headlights of each other, both to afraid to say the first word.

When Jimin's thoughts got back in line from the jumbled mess they were a moment ago, he shut the door as quickly as he opened it.

"Wait! Jimin please let me in!" Taehyung's hands fell flat against the door as he pleaded.

"Why should I?" The elders voice was slightly muffled and held a defensive tone.

After everything the two models had been through together, the truth was what they needed the most in their relationship, the one thing they both lacked to provide.

"Maybe you shouldn't, but I would really appreciate it if you did.."

Jimin let out a little chuckle at that, not sure if Taehyung was trying to be charming, or if he was actually here for something important.

"I have to tell you.. Jimin I want to tell you about me, the truth about why I never wanted a real relationship with you and why I couldn't say I was in love with you.."

Taehyung gulped down the guilt building over his chest like a brick wall, it weighed on top of him till he sunk underneath the muck at the bottom of the ocean, slowly coming to terms that this was where he belonged, this is what he deserved.

The young model waited for an answer from the other side of the door, the cold biting at his exposed skin the longer he stood on the porch, face buried into the dark wood in front of him.