Chapter 17: Vivre Card

Fallon looked to the ceiling gathering her thoughts on what to say about her encounter with Ace when he came to stay the night at her place. 

"Ace came to my place when he saw the paintings that I was working on a few nights ago," Fallon began, "from what he had told me, he was out looking for someone who committed the ultimate sin."

"Ultimate sin," Kira questioned.

Lula looked up from her tart and looked to Fallon along with the Le Sage Twins.

"What is the ultimate sin," Lula asked confused.

"Before I explain this," Fallon spoke, "you do recall that Ace is part of the Whitebeard Pirates right?"

"Yea," Kira replied.

Kira remembered Ace telling her about his new crew from the tattoo he revealed to her back in Alabasta.

"Good," Fallon added, "Ace told me that one of his own men in the second division of his crew killed one of his own crew members due to stealing a devil fruit that they had found and abandoned the crew. So he made it his mission to find and personally kill him."

"Who is that person he's after," Lula asked.

"Ever heard of Blackbeard," Fallon asked.

"Who's he," Kira asked.

"He was a former member of the Whitebeard Pirates, but now, he's the captain of the Blackbeard pirates and from what I've been told, he's a dangerous pirate," Mavis informed.

"Good to see someone knows who he is," Fallon replied, "but anyways, Ace came here because he heard that Blackbeard was last seen on this island and wanted to hunt him down. Which reminds me."

Fallon reached inside her pocket and pulled out a small piece of paper that was folded in four ways. She handed the paper to Kira. Kira took the paper and stared at it wondering what it was.

"What's this," Kira questioned.

"That is a vivre card," Fallon informed, "it's a special piece of paper made from part of a person's fingernail which is then made into paper. It can be torn and given to someone special that one would be separated from. You see, the torn pieces will point to and move towards each other no matter where they are in the world, allowing one to always be able to tell in which direction the other person is. Ace wanted me to give that to you."

Kira stared at the paper and a smile grew on her face as she held it close to her chest. Her face slightly blushed over the paper that she was given from Ace. Fallon smiled as she watched Kira gush over the vivre card. 

"Tell me," Fallon wondered, "do you have a crush on Ace?"

Kira jumped then quickly turned her head over what Fallon. 

"N-no," Kira shouted, "I don't have a crush on him!"

Kira's face grew redder over her lie about crushing on Ace. Fallon can read Kira's face like a book. She knew that Kira had a crush on Ace as it was apparent on her face. She leaned closer to Kira's face which only angered Kira even more. 

"What the hell are you looking at," Kira growled.

"Oh nothing," Fallon replied, "think it's rather cute that you have a crush on him."

Kira growled louder over what Fallon said. Lula noticed Kira was about to lose her temper. She got up quickly and grabbed Kira by her arm,

"Captain," Lula warned, "don't hurt her."

Kira only growled in response as Fallon did not even flinch from Kira's intimidating stare. Fallon could only smile over how entertaining it was to her. Kira clenched her fists tightly as she was about to attack Fallon, but Lula tugged on her preventing her from hurting Fallon.