Chapter 19 Ambush

The following chapter contains violence and bloodshed. Viewer discretion is advised!!

A few days past by since the Winged Pirates left Lulusia Kingdom, the cool breeze brushed the sail of the ship through the calming waters of the sea. Kira's outfit consisted of a short orange crop top, black skirt and black high heel sandals, she was lounging on the spirit bow of the ship looking out towards the sea with much on her mind. She began to think about what Akainu told her in the beginning of where to head to and wondered if he would contact her again to keep tabs on her and Lula. Kira did have respect for Akainu but a part of her didn't want to associate with him and rather associate with Fleet Admiral Sengoku. Lula approached Kira standing next to her. Her outfit consisted of a pastel yellow tank top, a long knee length white skirt and white high heel sandals. 

"Anything on your mind Captain," Lula asked.

Kira sighed to herself and sat up, "Eh, been thinking about some stuff recently."

"Like what," Lula questioned.

"I'm starting to think about what our lives would be like if we never became Marines and just say fuck it, let's become pirates," Kira began, "for some reason I feel much happier as a pirate than I do with us being Marines, we'd have more freedom than being on constant watch by the World Government..."

Lula knew what Kira was coming from. She felt the same way but deep down, she only agreed to join the Marines was because it was what Kira wanted five years ago.

"To be honest," Lula admitted, "I feel the same way too."

Kira got up looking towards Lula with her eyes widen. 

"You too," Kira asked.

Lula nodded, "I knew that this was something you wanted to do for years and I wanted to follow you on whatever road you chose."

Kira looked at the ground as she assumed the fetal position. Something inside of Kira felt guilty over this. Did she intentionally dragged her best friend into her life mission without realizing that it would cause conflict in the future?

"Lula," Kira spoke.

"Yes Captain," Lula answered.

"Would you say I'm a horrible friend for dragging you into this?"

Lula's eyes widen after hearing Kira's question. She could tell that she felt immense guilt over it but didn't want her to have it dominate her mind. Lula got up on the spirit bow sitting next to Kira. Suddenly, she gave Kira a hug which surprised her.

"Honestly Kira, you're not a terrible friend," Lula reassured, "what matters to me is that I get to share these memories with you. I still owe you a great debt from when we were children and I won't give up on it, nor will I give up on you."

Kira still had a surprised look on her face when she suddenly felt a weird feeling coming from behind them. Kira could sense the presence of someone or something approaching their ship. Kira's face changed from surprise to seriousness. 

"Lula," Kira spoke.

Lula got up looking to Kira, "Is something wrong Captain?"

"Get the others ready for battle," Kira ordered, "I'm sensing someone coming behind us and from what it looks like, they don't seem friendly."

"What do you me-"

BOOM!

The ship shook from the impact. Kira brushed Lula off of her and quickly got up from the spirit bow. She headed to where Diesel, Fallon and Mavis were on deck looking around to find where the shots were coming from. Mavis noticed a ship a few distances from them and pointed in the direction of where the shots were coming from. There were four pirate ships hundreds of feet away from them as they continued their barrage of cannonballs in their direction. Kira focused her energy and grew giant angel wings shielding their ship from damaged. Fallon looked to Kira with a stunned look in her eyes. What was this power that Kira had? The angel wings vanished as Kira got up.