Chapter 52: Final Days

It was now morning. Kira rustled a bit  waking up as she gently tossed over looking at Kid. He was still asleep. He turned over groaning softly in his sleep. Watching Kid sleep, for Kira, it was calming. A small smile grew on her face as she watched her lover sleep. Kira turned over facing upward as she began to enter a state of thought. So much has happened in a span of two years, her fighting in the Paramount War, joining the Kid Pirates entering the New World, fighting the Red-Hair Pirates, entering Totto Land, Kira couldn't believe how much it not only changed her as a person but how it made her stronger. Then again, would everything she went through during her time with the Kid Pirates be worth it? 

Suddenly, Kira felt Kid's metal arm wrap around her waist pulling her close to his torso as he continued to sleep. Kira began to blush beat red to this feeling. Yes, she was his lover now but part of her still was not use to this feeling somewhat. Kira smiled as she laid her head on his bare torso. Her fingers lightly tracing Kid's scars on his chest going down his abs to which she smiled to herself. She felt Kid rustle a bit startling her as she looked up at Kid. He was still asleep. Good. Kira laid her head back down on his left pec listening to his heart beating. It was soothing to her. Kira let out a silent sigh as she shut her eyes. 

Just then, Kira felt a sudden movement wondering if Kid was about to switch positions while still asleep. But that wasn't it. She felt his warm breath on her neck and ear with his right hand stroking her hair.

"Wake up Beauty," Kid huskily whispered.

Kira slightly groaned as she lifted her head up looking up at Kid who looked back down at her. 

"Hey Big Kid," Kira softly smiled.

The couple kissed each other deeply with Kid holding Kira against his unclad body. After they kissed Kira laid her head back on his chest while his hand stroked her hair. 

"In due time I should be heading back to my crew," Kira spoke.

"When will you be heading back," Kid questioned.

"I haven't thought of it yet."

Kira looked up at Kid who looked back down at her, "What about you? What will you do?"

"Consult with Killer about something," Kid replied.

"Let me guess, doesn't concern me?"

"Best not to take part in this one."

Kira chuckled softly to herself knowing Kid's answer. She didn't want to go any further questioning what his intentions were that he was planning with Killer. Kira had to come up with a time when she would head out to reunite with her crew. Only time would tell when would be a good time but the only question was how would she be able to get to her crew without knowing how to get to Dressrosa.

"Any idea how you'll get to your crew," Kid questioned.

"I'll figure something out sometime soon," Kira answered, "in the meantime."

Kira sat up from the bed grabbing her top slipping it on then reached for her other clothing.  She stood up about to head out when she looked to Kid with a small smile on her face.

"I'll leave you to it," Kira spoke.

Kid didn't say a word as Kira left Kid's room leaving him to himself. She went into a different room to get dressed. While getting dressed, she thought about what she wanted to do while Kid was busy with what he had to do. She could go on and explore the hideout more. There was other areas she hadn't visited yet. Would be a good way to pass the time. Once dressed, she headed out of the castle until she was outside on the mountain ledge. Kira focused her energy as her angel wings protruded from her back and ascended from the ground as she flew down into the woods to explore more of the island.