Chapter 21 - The text message

Joe's POV:

I slowly wandered back to the dressing room I had been allocated for this weekend. Already Blackpool had been full of surprises - from training and all the shit that went on during the week, to the kiss Dianne and I shared on the train, to how Dianne and I spent last night together. Everything had been so unexpected but had definitely worked into my favour, to say the least. I knew from the moment I signed up to do Strictly that Blackpool was a big week for everyone who works on the show, but the way that Dianne has made this weekend so perfect and so special is almost beyond all comprehension.

It had taken nine weeks for my brain to click into gear but no matter how much I try not to think about her, or how much I try to not let my thoughts for her alter our dynamics, I just can't help but fall for that red headed Aussie, more and more every time I see her. Every time our hands graze when we walk next to each other, I can't help but be thrilled by the tingles that run around my body because of her touch. Every time our eyes lock whilst we dance, I can't help but get lost in the honey like orbs of her irises. Whenever we have kissed or her body has been with mine like last night, I can't help but be grateful for the fact that of all people in the world, I am the lucky guy who gets to be with the perfect woman.

'It's weird really' I thought to myself  'but after only 10 weeks of getting to know her, I might be falling in lo -...'

"Oi, Suggy how you doing mate?" I heard AJ's voice pull me out of my thoughts, and stopping me from thinking the words I know that I can never be able to use for the girl they are intended for.

"Yeah not bad AJ - How's your week been?" I asked thinking that maybe a proper conversation with someone who wasn't Stacey or Dianne would do me a world of good.

"Um... yeah - ah... not bad I guess." AJ spoke back softly to me.

"So convincing." I retorted back sarcastically "What's up bro?" I asked concerned about him. Since week one, AJ and I have got on like a house on fire, we're a similar age and we just got on as really good mates.

"Basically I just.... you know how it is when you spend so much time with one person, you get all confused and stuff, and I just like..." I knew he was struggling to get his words out so I decided to help him out.

"This is about Lauren isn't it?" I questioned confident of the answer

AJ looked away from me almost guiltily, he fiddled with a loose thread on his joggers and nodded gently. "I really like her Joe - but with all the conspiracy I was put through last year with Molly, I really don't want to have to deal with the press." I nodded in understanding, after all both Dianne and I knew almost better than anyone how much the press can end up effecting your life on a daily basis. "Not to mention that Lauren has told me she doesn't really like to have relationships. Because of her jobs she finds that boyfriends just get in the way and distract her - I could never do that to her. It just sucks to be honest mate."

I felt sorry for AJ he's a good guy and everything that he was saying was completely understandable, yet equally unfair. It made me appreciate just how lucky I was to be with Dianne. Yes, we have had our difficulties and we have had our hiccups along the way but as of now, what I had with Di was simple. It made sense for us and that's all that really mattered.

"Listen AJ, the only advice I can give you is to either wait until the competition is over and see where her head is at and then ask her, or grow a pair and ask her today. She might surprise you, just make sure you do what's right for you." I watched AJ's face to notice how he was mulling over the decision. I knew what I wanted him to do. They are both amazing people and so well suited to each other it's unreal - out of all the guys here I think AJ deserves to be happy the most. I decided to help him out and give a third idea.