Leo Valdez

Edited: July 31 2014

I can not explain how much I love camp Half Blood. I mean, since the last war things have quietened down a lot. Also, I am never going back to Rome and Greece, EVER! I am so sick of the earth trying to kill me- but it's okay now. Well, sort of.

I think I'm mostly attached to Camp Half Blood because I don't feel like an outsider, or say, a seventh wheel. I feel, for once, as though I finally belong somewhere. Plus, the forge here, and Bunker Nine has everything I could possibly want. What's not to love about Camp Half Blood?

But also, they've allowed me to forget... Well, never mind.

Well, anyway, so.. these Urea.. Er, I mean, Uraeus turn out to be Egyptian creatures.. And there's more than just Greek and Roman Gods? Things are already starting to sound way too complicated for my liking..

"Maybe we should tell the other camp, I can go tell Jason right now if you let me," Piper pipes up through the crowd of people. Let me tell you, beauty queen is still the same. She still manages to look pretty without trying.  She's still like a sister to me anyway and she's still dating Jason Grace, my best friend, son of Jupiter.

"No, we won't worry the other camp yet, I need to talk to Carter and Sadie Kane myself. And, for your safety, please don't go asking any more questions and stay in the borders.." He gives a look straight to Percy who gives a little grin in return.

"Who're Sadie and Carter Kane?" Piper whispers to Annabeth who is looking troubled by this situation. She looks up from her gaze on the grass. I notice that the sun is lowering further into the sky. Our shadows stretch along the Pavilion area, which still has many injured people and campers still wandering around.

"I have no idea," she says sounding troubled by not knowing the answer. Definitely a true daughter of Athena, always needing to know the answers. The problem is that she sometimes has too many answers in her head. I wonder how she hasn't cracked yet.

"Well, whoever they are, they know about whatever those creatures were.. Imagine, the Egyptian Gods are still alive.. It's so weird-" Piper says.

"Hey, unless you have forgotten, your mom is Aphrodite, Goddess of beauty and whatever, Beauty Queen," I decide to remind her. She glowers at me. It's not my fault that that name has stuck with her. She absolutely hates it when I call her that which makes me want to call her it even more.

"I still think Camp Jupiter should be told," she mutters, ignoring my comment. I can't help it when I laugh as she pouts..

"The only reason you say that is because you want to see Prince Charming again.." I tease. "OW!" She punches me full force on the arm leaving my arm with a red mark and left stinging very badly. She smiles triumphantly before turning on her heal and marching away from me.

"Leo, you were asking for that one," Connor says coming up beside me.

"Yeah, even we wouldn't of said something like that to a girl who could beat me up," Travis finishes. I just grin. The Stoll twins were absolutely amazing; they did so many pranks! They remind me of myself, and often I'm told I look a little like them. We also share the same humor.

"Hey, do you think we should follow after Chiron? I'm really curious to know where he's going," I admit. The thought of another place where I'm not supposed to go makes me want to go even more!

"I don't know. Chiron did warn us not to go." Travis and I stare at Connor in surprise. "Jeez, guys. I'm kidding! I want to know more than you do!" Connor replies happily. This gets me super excited. The three of us sneaking out tonight and finding out what's going on before the others equals epic!

"Say, where is Chiron?" Travis asks noticing that the old centaur has disappeared from our sight without us realizing it. The crowd that had been around him has dispersed.

"If you want to know, he's already gone. He knows you three far too well to let you know when he's going," says a voice from behind us. All three of us turn on the spot to face Desiree who stands looking at us, her arms crossed and her black hair tied back in a plait. Oh great, she's here to ruin our plans, probably. She has a grudge against the Stoll twins, and now Mr for always pranking with them.

"Do you have to eavesdrop on us?" I question, glaring at her as I did so. She simply gave a half smile as though she was about to say something I would definitely not like.

"I won't tell if you let me go with you, right now," she offers hopefully. And bingo was his name-o. I'm (obviously) right. But I'm a little surprised. I never expected Desiree to willingly break rules. "And I'd hurry because I'd say his just passing the pine tree as we speak.."

"Deal," Connor agrees. I look at him like he's insane. But we were probably better off agreeing anyway.. . I suppose it wouldn't be the worst thing. That would be Drew asking to join us.

Nobody sees us pass the borders, luckily. The problem comes when we realize we have no hope of catching up with Chiron. "Blackjack?" Travis suggests. Huh, good suggestion. With the Pegasus we would find and catch up to Chiron in no time.

So, that's what we do. We get the Pegasus.

So, finding him isn't too hard. And we don't really encounter any problems.. But why are we going to Brooklyn? By now the moon is up in the sky, the stars twinkling above us. It's a cool night and the wind whips through my hair as we soar above the city.

Chiron stops by an abandoned warehouse and I don't think anything of it until I catch a glimpse of a house- no. A mansion! About five stories high- and then it's gone again. What? And Chiron has melted into the shadows of this warehouse.

"Lets land," I decide after minutes of circling the warehouse. I swear I saw a mansion. Maybe I really am going crazy- and then Desiree gasps, which alerts me. I glance over to her, but she just looks in shock down at the warehouse.

"The Kane's live there?" She exclaims. Her eyes are wide as she examines the scene before her. I turn in hope that I might see the mansion again and my eyes nearly fall from their sockets.

The house is five stories high. It's built from limestone blocks and with these weird designs around it. How did it disappear from view when we were flying? This house is definitely made from magic somehow..

Now, all we have to do is get in!