Carter

Edited August 1 2014

It's early morning by the time we arrive at this Camp Half Blood Chiron told us about.

I guess I'm impressed; the camp is huge! When we arrive, Chiron has to allow us entry into the camp- like what we have to do when we wanted Bast to enter the first time into Brooklyn House. I guess most places have magical boundaries. Chiron explains to us about the gods and goddesses on their side, and we explained to him that ours have receded. I have to admit: I have a hard time processing this despite knowing gods and goddesses personally.

Learning that we were from an Egyptian bloodline had been hard enough to deal with, especially when it made Sadie and I's life much harder than it already was. Obviously things aren't going to be good now. If Ureas are attacking their camp, that is definitely not an okay sign. Who would send them to attack, though? He/She would have to be powerful.

Chiron leads us straight to the Big House where we seat ourselves. I feel uncomfortable being here with a centaur. It feels as though my mind is playing tricks on me. I pinch myself multiple times (and Sadie felt the need to help) to be sure I'm not dreaming. Sadly, I don't wake up. This is strangely real, and it makes me feel almost sick.

There's a cough from behind us as Chiron tells us the details of the attack, and more about their Camp. Zia and Walt have come with us, and Khufu too. He clings to Sadie's side, taking in the place with his round eyes.

We turn to find that kid from last night standing there. His eyes grow wide for a second, before he narrows his eyes at us.

Leo is his name, if I remember correctly. He looks a little impish. He has high arched eyebrows, tanned skin and brown eyes. He also has elf like ears; pointed. After seeing Chiron beside us, his eyes turn to alarm.

"Chiron, I just received seriously bad news," he says, ignoring the fact that we are here. Every now and then he looks edgily at us.

"What is it, Leo?" Chiron asks, flicking his tail- gods, that's weird. How does he even control his tail-? Actually, you know what? I don't even want to know.

Leo hesitates, looking now at us. I can tell he wants to talk to Chiron in private. I look to the others, but none of them are looking at me. Sadie is glowering at the Leo guy. I can't blame her. He was the one who broke into our home. Along with that other girl- what was her name again? Daisy? Darcie? I can't remember. But he had called her Flower Girl.

"Leo?"

He huffs. "My dad sent me a message last night," he tells Chiron. He said dad as though it was the worst thing ever. "He, er, said some pretty insane stuff. He may have mentioned someone who wants her throne back." He grimaces. "And that we'd have to get help from the Egyptian side." He shakes his head. "I don't understand, Chiron. What's with the Egyptian side? Can we even... How do we find them? We can't get all the way to Egypt!"

"You don't have to," Sadie says with a smirk.

"Why's that, blondie?" Leo asks her, giving her a questionable gaze.

"Leo, you're looking at the Egyptian side." She unfolds her arms dramatically, gesturing to Walt, Zia and I. Obviously my sister just has to be dramatic about things. Time to start calling her drama queen!

Leo's jaw drops. He points dumbly to us, looking shocked. Khufu barks, pointing at something excitedly. I follow his finger, and see he's pointing at Leo. He jumps from Sadie's arms and jumps on to Leo. Leo yelps in surprise, trying to shake and swat Khufu off of him.

I hold in my laugh,  feeling a little sorry for him, but Sadie doen't. Leo. leO. No wonder Khufu took a sudden interest in him. Leo struggles with Khufu, who is clinging on to him.