Desiree

New Rome is... extraordinary. I observe as adults (actual adult demigods!) roam around the town, and how some hold hands, or hold their children in their arms. I watch as children chase after each other, or run alongside their dogs. Demigods shop, and have meals together. Safe.

Although I adore Camp Half Blood, but it's nothing like this. It's not for adults. New Rome has a safe place where demigods can go to college, and make a life for themselves. I feel suddenly overwhelmed, and have to swallow a lump in my throat. I could make a life here. 

I heard all about this place, but this is my first time stepping in the town. 

"Great, huh?" Percy says, probably sensing how I'm feeling.

I just nod my head, my eyes wide, wanting to memorize every detail of this town. From the architecture, to the cobbled pathways, to the crying child in a new mothers arms. Everything about this place is simply, and utterly, amazing. 

Jason leads us to the Forum.

The forum is studded with statues of the gods, and I glance nervously up. We pass one by of Demeter -or should I say, Ceres- and I feel somewhat nervous as the statue stares down at me. Ever since the Roman-Greek coexisting thing took place, we have been forced to learn about both sides, should anything ever happen. Plus, some of the Campers at Camp Half Blood aren't originally Greek, and visa versa. 

The forum is long and rectangular, where votes, elections and speeches are usually made. Right now it's only Reyna, Octavian, and...

"Rachel?" Annabeth says, confused as the rest of us.

"Thank the gods of Olympus you lot are here," Rachel says. "I was here visiting Octavian about prophesies, and then-"

"Not the time," Jason says gently. Rachel just nods her head. "Reyna," Jason continues, "Er, they've brought guests."

Reyna is tall, with glossy black hair and dark eyes. She wears a purple toga, wrapped around her shoulders, with golden plates to secure it in place. She wears a stern look, her eyes not showing any emotion. Her two dogs sit next to her, ready to defend Reyna if needed.

At the mention of guests, she glances curiously at Sadie and Carter. She sees Annabeth, and a small smile appears on her face. "It's nice to see you," she says. 

"I wish we had arrived earlier," Annabeth replies. "We could have helped, and-"

"It's okay," Reyna intervenes. "We have strong soldiers who fended Camp Jupiter well. But thank you for your concern." She turns her gaze back to Sadie and Carter. "My name is Reyna. I'm one of the Praetor's here at Camp Jupiter."

"I'm Carter, and that's Sadie," Carter says, nervously eyeing her two dogs. "Um, we're from a strong Egyptian bloodline-"

"Egyptian?" Rachel and Octavian say in unison.

All eyes look to them. They glance nervously to each other. 

"Yeah, why?" Sadie asks slowly.