Chapter XXX: A New Tale (part i)

Percy's POV:

It was sometimes around mid night that I woke up from my sleep again. I tried to move, but my hand hit on something. I glanced down  and saw that girl sitting by the bed, her head resting on the spot next to me. I guess this was the only bed in the house, since I was injured, she must have been sleeping like this for awhile. She mumbled in her sleep from the noises and scratched her nose before falling back to her slumber again. I chuckled for she reminded me of Artemis in her sleep sometimes. Sitting up while sleeping must be uncomfortable for her. I got off the bed and hooked her up on my arms, I was being extra careful not to disturb her. I laid the girl on her bed and she crouched herself, still snoring slightly. I pulled a blanket over her to which she responded with a satisfying sigh.

Despite sleeping, she still had to cover her face with that fabric. I was tempted to remove the fabric to have a look at her. But I stilled my hand.

She saved my life. So, I respected her decision to not revealing her identity. She will show me when she wanted to. Besides, I knew she wasn't ugly and must be beautiful. Perhaps it was a tradition in her family. I have seen mortals doing that these days.

I went to the table and rested my head there. I was healed mostly anyway. So, there wasn't a need for a bed anymore.

 So, there wasn't a need for a bed anymore

Percy's POV

The sound of birds chirping on the outside was my alarm clock. I sat straight up and glanced around. The bed was empty, yet, a bit of warmth was still radiating from it. She must no have left it long.

Since I have heard the sounds of the birds, my hearing must have been repaired. I didn't know how good this girl was, but to be able to heal an immortal this quickly indicated that she was exceptional.

"Ah"

I heard her voice outside the house and rushed out. She had dropped a basket full of herbs that she kept at the roof of the house for drying. She tried to pick them up, the the thorns stung her finger and she kept retreating her hands  while wincing at the same time. She was good with her healing skills, but quite clumsy and all. Somehow, from the back, the way she moved and her hair tied in a ponytail reminded me so much of Artemis. I still remember those days when she was still on chain, when she used to turn her back to me. I smiled at the image of my mate. The girl winced again and I came over to help her. She jumped a little when my hand appeared out of nowhere into her visions.

"What are you doing here?"

I acted like I heard nothing. No wonder why she got herself stung, it was the thorn grass, people handle this stuff wearing gloves. Lucky for her it was dead and dried, if they were still alive, the toxic would give her an annoying itch for weeks. I grabbed a handful and threw them into the basket. There was dirt everywhere on the herbs. Look like she had to clean them again.

"Aye!" She slapped my hand as I tried to gather more of the grass. "You will hurt yourself dummy. You are not fully healed yet, losing blood right now won't you do any good."