Forgiving

~~ Carly's POV ~~

We drove for what felt like forever until Brennen finally pulled into a hotel parking lot.

"I thought we were going to get some food and then go home?" I said.

"We are still a few hours drive away from home and it's getting late so I figured we could sto here for the night and just order room service."

"Oh, okay. Sure."

Brennen helped me out of the car and we checked into a room. Brennen got a room service menu from the bedside table and handed it to me.

"Here, pick out whatever you want, I left my phone in the car so I'll be right back."

"Okay."

Brennen went out the door and I looked through the hotel's menu. Curious as to where we were, I went searching for what hotel we were in and in what city.

Anaheim? I thought. That's only like half an hour from home. And the opposite direction from where we were.

After a few minutes I heard running down the hallway and someone sop at our door. The handle moved a little then stopped, and started again. I heard a familiar voice shout something down the hall and a second person jog up to the door.  

I then heard the keycard slide into the door and the lock buzz open. The door swung open to reveal Jake and... Scott.

"Carly!" Scott called out, "Thank God you're okay!" he started rushing to me.

"Get the hell out!" I hissed, stopping him in his tracks.

"Carly, do you actually think that I would try and kidnap you? Why the fuck would I ever want to do that?"

"You recorded a fucking video admitting that you did!"

"He didn't know what he was doing," Jake butted in, "I told him it was going to be for a video I was making."

"What?"

"This whole thing was orchestrated by Brennen," Scott told me. "Why the hell would I want to kidnap you? It's not like we broke up and I was trying to get you back. Brennen was jealous. First of Colby, now of me."

"I-I don't understand."

"He told me his whole plan. He set this whole thing up to look like I did it so that you would hate me. Then he 'rescued' you so that he would be the hero of the story and you would fall in love with him instead. Think about it, he just happened to know exactly where you were being kept?"

"I never thought about that..."

"No, you didn't. Because he is the one who took you there. Not me."

I looked at Scott's face and noticed a bunch of cuts and bruises. "What happened to your face?"

He looked down embarrassed. "What do you think?"

"Did he do that do you?"

"I told you, he was jealous of me just like he was of Colby. He would do anything to get with you."

"I-I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry," I ran up to him and hugged him. "Can we go home now?" I asked him on the verge of tears.

"Yea," he sighed, "Let's go home."

He grabbed my hand and led me out towards the car. He opened the back door for me and we both sat in the backseat while Jake drove. Scott  draped his arm over my shoulders and pulled me close to him. I layed on his chest and he wrapped his other arm around me so he was hugging me. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep in his arms.