Chapter Four: Time for Learning

The next day their classes started right away. Of course, Takeru and the other four gods hadn't shown up, claiming that it didn't matter to them. Mitsuko sat in class, listening to Thoth teach everyone about the human anatomy. This was their science period, so it only made sense. The problem was that she knew a lot about this stuff already. She still scrawled down her notes when she thought it would count for something, but he was droning on and on about the muscles, grouping them and explaining their functions. Do they really need to know this? Mitsuko wondered. She blinked at the board and wrote down another bullet point, writing down the next important thing he'd just gone over. At least I'm reviewing it. It's fine.

"Hey!"She heard someone whisper hiss. She glanced over to her right as she sat by the windows on the left, and blinked. Balder was leaning over and trying to wake Dionysus up, who was dozing away on his notebook. She sighed and shook her head. Balder stood up. "Hey you need to-AH!" Balder fell over, a loud clatter echoing in the room. The other girls all looked over, sweat-dropping. Apollon jumped up from his chair. 

"Bal-Bal!"He exclaimed, running over to help him. Dionysus bolted upright from the noise. 

"Ah! What?! Is it a monster?!"He shouted in a panic. The classroom went nuts. Tsukito, who was writing notes blinked as he wrote down what he'd heard. He'd been writing everything down so far. 

"A monster..."Tsukito murmured. The other students in class, the ones Zeus had made appear, all went into a panic about a monster. Mitsuko face-palmed and dragged her hand down her face. Thoth slammed his hands down on the desk, a loud bang sounding in the room. Everyone jolted, looking at him as he got angry. He stormed out of the classroom, slamming the door open. Mitsuko jumped up and ran out with the other girls, hoping to catch up to him. 

"Wait, Mister Thoth...please..."Mitsuko called out to him as they raced out the door. The 

"It's LORD Thoth, Child,"He muttered. Mitsuko blinked at his nickname for her.

"Ah...Lord Thoth, please come back to class,"Ume spoke up. He turned, shooting glares at the female students.

"You think you can tell me what to do?"He hissed. He started towards the girls, backing all of them up against the wall closest to them. He crossed his arms, staring them down. "You honestly think I'll return to that class? They didn't even pay attention to my teachings. They slept in class, made a scene, and were disrespectful to the other students." Hiromi spoke up from her spot on the wall.

"I know what you're getting at, Lord Thoth, but they need someone other than us to teach them...you can't give up on them..."Hiromi murmured.

"There are still other gods who haven't even shown up to class." Mitsuko thought of Takeru from the other day. Thoth's eyes glared at the girls with intensity. Mitsuko flinched back against the wall. Thoth ground his teeth. "Time is marching on, and they're running behind. You'll all be stuck here if you can't learn."

"We know that..."Eri murmured. His eyes traced over the girls. Outside, the sound of a bell tolling rang loudly. Everyone stiffened. They turned and watched out the window.

"It appears the seasons just shifted.."Ume whispered. Thoth laughed.

"Zeus must've shifted them. Tell the others that summer break starts now,"He ordered. The girls blinked at him in shock.

"Wait. Break now?"Hiromi asked. Thoth ignored the girls, turning and walking away. They watched him in surprise. They all exchanged looks, not sure what to do now.

*****

"What? Summer vacation?"Apollon repeated. The girls all nodded at him. He hummed once. "When all the students take a break, right?"