Chapter Ten: Tsukito Collapsed

In the morning, as Mitsuko walked up to the school, she spotted students being stopped by Tsukito. Mitsuko blinked, stopping over beside him. 

"Good Morning, Tsukito-kun, what are you doing?"Mitsuko asked him. He turned from the student he'd been looking over. He looked at her and walked over. 

"I am enforcing school policies. Lord Thoth told me that it was my duty to ensure students do not break dress code requirements or bring in things they're not supposed to,"Tsukito told her. Mitsuko blinked. Thoth's giving him even more to do than just organizing the Moon Viewing Party? What is Thoth trying to do? Kill him? Mitsuko wondered. She stayed silent for a moment before she realized Tsukito was waiting for her to respond. Just as she went to, Takeru walked over, joining the two. 

"Oiii, Bro. Where were you this morning?"Takeru asked him, stopping beside the two. His eyes slid over to Mitsuko and he offered her a smile. She stiffened. He's being different this morning, she thought. She smiled back at him brightly. His eyes returned to Tsukito. 

"I am enforcing-"He went to repeat what he'd told Mitsuko. Mitsuko coughed. 

"Um, as much as I'm sure I'd like to hear you talk about your duties...I'm going to go inside,"Mitsuko told him. She smiled at Tsukito. "I'll see you two in class." She held her hand up in a wave and went to walk off. As she passed Tsukito, he stopped in front of her. She blinked as he crouched down and grabbed her skirt. She squeaked in surprise. Takeru moved. 

"Ah-Bro, don't just grab her skirt,"Takeru told him, stepping in front of her. Mitsuko blinked, looking at Takeru. Takeru offered her an apologetic look. 

"It says to measure the distance between a girls skirt and her knees,"Tsukito replied. He held up his student handbook. Takeru shook his head. 

"Bro, you don't have to follow it word for word,"Takeru replied. He crouched down beside Mitsuko and gestured at her skirt. She blinked. "See, it's not too short." He motioned to her skirt that was barely four inches from her knees. Takeru looked up at her. "He didn't mean anything by it." Mitsuko smiled and held her hands up. 

"I know, it's alright,"Mitsuko answered. Takeru stood up. Mitsuko smiled at the two of them. "I'm heading to class now...don't pull anymore skirts, Tsukito-san." Mitsuko closed her eyes and grinned at him. Tsukito blinked at her silently. Just as she went to leave again, Loki was walking past. 

"Loki Laevatein. Stop,"Tsukito ordered. Loki stopped and turned, blinking. He smiled at Tsukito. "You are carrying illegal items." Illegal? Mitsuko thought. She quickly hurried past, but not before spotting Tsukito make Loki empty his pockets. Tons of prank items and toys clattered to the ground. 

******

When Mitsuko reached the classroom, Ren was already there. Ren turned, offering her a smile. 

"Good Morning Mitsuko,"Ren told her. Mitsuko put her bag on her desk. 

"Good Morning! Are you excited for the Moon Viewing Party?" Mitsuko beamed at her friend. Ren hummed once, resting her cheek on her hand. 

"Well, I wouldn't be, but the idiot's got me all excited for it,"Ren laughed. Mitsuko blinked, giving her a surprised look. Ren grinned at Mitsuko. "You know. Our friend the Sun God." Mitsuko laughed once, understanding what she meant. Ren sighed and sat up, leaning back in her chair. "I see you made it past Tsukito and his bag of doom." Mitsuko laughed once. 

"Well, not before he insisted on measuring my skirt. Takeru prevented it though,"Mitsuko answered. Ren cocked an eyebrow at her. The two turned as they heard someone come into the classroom. Hiromi walked into the room, looking down at the floor. She sat her stuff down and Ren spoke to her quickly.