Chapter Six: Fireworks

As the two sat still on the balcony, Mitsuko noticed it. There was the form of Loki coming up the path. She gasped and jumped up fast. Her head slammed into the top wood part of the rail. She squeaked in pain, clutching her head. Takeru shook his head, reaching out and touching it gently. 

"Owowow!"Mitsuko hissed. 

"That's what you get for standing up too fast,"He told her. Mitsuko sighed. She stood up, pushing through her head throbbing. She turned and walked back into the cabin, Takeru following after her. "What are you doing?"

"Medical kit,"Mitsuko told him as she went to dig through the stuff she'd brought over with her. She grabbed the medical kit just as Loki came in the cabin. He dropped Hiromi on the couch, none too gently. Mitsuko blinked and watched Loki toss Hiromi's bag at her. Loki turned and looked at Balder. 

"Aren't Apollon and Ren back yet?"Loki asked. 

"No,"Balder answered, walking over. He smiled at Hiromi. "Kuroyama-san. I'm glad Loki found you...are you alright? Does your foot hurt?" She stared at him.

"Um...no,"Hiromi lied. Mitsuko walked over, holding the medical kit. She took off Hiromi's shoe and started cleaning the cut, sitting down on the coffee table in front of the couch. Takeru stood off to the side, his arms crossed. The other gods were all watching her work silently. Hiromi winced as Mitsuko brushed an alcohol soaked cotton piece over the cut. Loki turned and left, heading through the open door and going to the balcony on the outside of the cabin. Mitsuko looked up at Hiromi. 

"I'm glad you're alright,"Mitsuko told her. She smiled and looked back down at the cut as she worked. Mitsuko dipped a new cotton pad in hydrogen peroxide. "I was really worried, Hiromi-chan." Takeru sighed from his spot. 

"She was. She watched for you like a dog,"Takeru teased. Mitsuko turned, puffing her cheeks up at him and pouting. 

"Takeruuuu. That's mean!"Mitsuko told him. His eyes focused on her. He remembered what she'd said to him.

"Then let my soul be burned by hellfire. At least I make others happy."

The image of her soft smile filled his mind. He sighed hard and looked away. I guess I'll just play along with her then. Mitsuko turned back to Hiromi. She smiled and tilted her head to the side. 

"I was waiting for you though. We need to get this cut clean!"Mitsuko exclaimed. She brushed the hydrogen peroxide over the cut. Hiromi sat still, feeling like the pain was going away a little. She felt a little warm at the fact that Mitsuko was doing this for her. She is a kind person, Hiromi thought. Mitsuko moved, grabbing a band-aid from the kit. She peeled it open and put it on the bottom of Hiromi's foot. Mitsuko then moved and grabbed the ace bandaged. She wrapped it up just right. 

"Mitsuko Hishima. You know the proper way to bandage someone?"a voice asked. Mitsuko paused, looking up to see Tsukito watching her. Mitsuko shrugged and looked back down at the foot. 

"Is that an odd thing?"She asked. She kept her smile on her face. The reason I know is what makes it odd, Mitsuko thought to herself. She pinned it and smiled at her friend. "All done!" Hiromi, Tsukito and Takeru all peered at her work in awe. 

"Wow...that's kind of cool actually,"Hiromi told her. Takeru hummed. 

"Quite interesting,"Tsukito spoke. He pulled out his notebook. "What method did you use?" Mitsuko laughed a little, closing her eyes. 

Suddenly everyone jolted as a loud BOOM was heard outside the cabin. Mitsuko blinked. Was that a firework or a gunshot? She wondered. Mitsuko and Eri helped Hiromi out as the gods all rushed outside to see what had gone off and caused the loud noise. The group watched as another loud boom sounded. Mitsuko looked up in the sky and saw a firework explode. A bright red color filled the sky.