Broken

Hey guys, I'm at a bit of a loss for words, to be honest. I just can't get over how suddenly this book just started doing so well. It makes me feel so loved. And then to still get all the sweet and positive comments as well. You guys seriously make my day, each and every day. I wake up and check my notifications, only to see that more people have added my book and more people have commented or voted on it. I originally started writing, because it's something I've always wanted to give a try, and now I do it, to help me get out of my own head and into someone else's. I truly love each and every comment and vote. So, to say thank you, here is your next update, love you all.

Kayden's POV

Darkness and pain. That's all that registered at first, especially the pain. Then slowly other things started registering. First was the annoying beep, beep, beep in the background, then the fact that I was lying down on something, a bed. After that, I could feel something rough against my fingertips, making them twitch.

I felt the roughness move away from my hand and I tried to open my eyes to see what the hell was going on. I slowly started opening my eyes and at first, all I could see were blurry images. Then my eyes started to focus a bit more, I saw the most beautiful sight ever. Leo was leaning over me, his lips were trembling, his eyes bloodshot and his hair in a complete mess, but he was beautiful nonetheless. "L-l-leo...?" I whispered, my throat being far too dry to talk any louder. 

I briefly closed my eyes, then opened them again. I looked past him and saw the white walls and then I looked down at the bed. I was in a hospital, but why? I couldn't remember what happened at first, but then the images started coming. One by one, they flashed in front of my eyes, making my breathing pick up pace and making the machine I was attached to, beep even louder. 

"...den, Kayden, come on baby, calm down for me. Come on sweetheart, listen to my voice and calm down. You're safe now." I finally registered Leo talking to me, trying to soothe me. I looked up into his eyes, the dark brown orbs swirling with emotion. He was taking deep, even breaths, so I tried to copy him and felt myself relaxing and calming down.

Just as I was starting to feel better, a woman came rushing into my room, causing my anxiety to spike again. Leo put a calming hand on my shoulder and scowled at the woman. She seemed to be a nurse, based on the uniform she was wearing, but she didn't give off that safe and comforting vibe that people usually associate with nurses. She had bleach blonde hair, way too much make-up and her uniform was at least two sizes too small for her, causing her breasts too almost fall out the top. Her eyes immediately zeroed in on Leo and I could feel him tense up. "What can I do for you, Sir" She said in a sultry voice, trying to be seductive. Wow, was she barking up the wrong tree, I thought to myself, as a giggle escaped.

I slapped a hand over my mouth, and the movement, caused the pain in my side to radiate throughout my abdomen. I groaned in pain and Leo immediately looked down at me, the look of annoyance at the nurse, turning to worry. "Are you okay baby?" he asked, not caring what the nurse thought, or even bothering with her question. "H-hurts.." I gasped out through the pain. 

Leo looked up at the nurse and caught her looking at me with absolute disgust, before quickly masking it. But unfortunately for her, she was too late. "To answer your question Nurse, how about you go and find someone that isn't a total fucking slut, so that they can come and help my boyfriend and inform the Doctor that he is awake." he told her, his voice as cold as ice. The nurse turned bright red in the face, from both anger and embarrassment, before storming out of the room. 

We waited a few minutes for another Nurse to come, while Leo just ran his fingers through my hair, soothing me again. It always amazed me how safe this man made me feel, like he would never hurt me. I was probably an idiot for trusting him as much as I did, but I just couldn't help but feel like he can be trusted.