No More!

Hey guys, how is your week going so far? Mine is pretty shitty and I have to go back to hospital again tomorrow. I'm so sick of it. Anyway, so to cheer myself up, I decided to do an update for all of you, because your comments always make me laugh and feel better. 

Kayden's POV

"Hey mum, I need your help".

Moira, or mum, kept silent as I told her everything that had happened. From Leo being shot to the text messages from Rodney and my suspicions that someone close to us might be helping him. She was booking a flight to me as we spoke on the phone, and told me that she managed to get an opening on a flight that left within the hour. She would be with me in four hours, so I said my goodbyes and sat back, staring at Leo's handsome face, where he lay in the hospital bed.

The more I stared at him, the more my anger started to build. I was convinced that someone close to us, someone we had trusted, was helping Rodney and I was determined to find out who it was. The only ones who were there was Dean, Maxie, Randy, Timmy, Hayden & Corey. Then there was Jace as well. As much as I wanted to rule him out, I couldn't, because then I might as well rule out everyone else as well. I trusted each and every person that was in that room that night. 

I sat thinking about it more and the more I thought about it, the more the small fuzzy bits started coming back to me as. I was in such a daze at the time that I only remembered now that Connor and Tina had shown up as well, just before the doctor had come to see us about Leo. I can't believe I had completely forgotten about them, and  now that I was really thinking about it, things started to point more and more to those two.

The biggest indicator to me, was that they never even bothered getting up when the doctor had come in to tell us about Leo. They had also not followed us to Leo's room. They had said their goodbyes outside the waiting room. Connor had said that Tina was very tired and that he needed to get her into bed.

I tried thinking back to Tina to remember if she actually was tired, but all I remembered was her looking at the ground the entire time. I know as a submissive, it was a sign of respect, but now that I was actually thinking clearly, her posture had been tense the entire time they were there.

Oh God, what if they were the ones responsible for this? Leo would be devastated if it turned out that his own friends had done something so horrible. 

Thinking like this only caused me to become more angry by the minute. They better hope and pray they had nothing to do with Rodney or what had happened to Leo, because if I find out that they did, I would make them regret it for as long as I was alive.

Gone was the scared little boy who was beaten down at every turn, betrayed by the ones he trusted the most and scared of his own shadow. The Kayden that was slowly coming forward in that hospital room was someone completely different. Do to me what you want, but never, ever go after the man I loved. Leo had shown me that I am not weak and that I don't have anything to be ashamed of. I was strong and Rodney was going to find out soon just who he messed with.

Jace came into the room almost two hours later, while I was still thinking through my plan and waiting for my mum. I looked up as he entered and by the look on his face I knew I wasn't going to like what he wanted to tell me.

"Sorry to bother you Kayden, but I just found out that Rodney did have help through this whole thing and there is more than one person involved. You are definitely not going to like this, and I'm really sorry I didn't catch it earlier." he said, his eyes filled with regret and suppressed anger.

I waved him off, not wanting him to feel guilty about this and just steeled myself for his answer. "Was it Connor or Tina, or both of them?" I asked him calmly.