Chains

Eren was stumped as to what weapon to wield. The dagger no longer appealed to him after his fight with Armin. And although Armin isn't the weak boy he once was, it was clear to Eren that he could easily be blocked by almost any opponent. He needed something more familiar to weild, something he could control well in his hands. He let his eyes browse the weapons once more, but nothing caught his attention. All the weapons needed training for either accuracy, or blade fighting.

He felt his heart drop a little in his chest. How could he be part of the Investigation Corps without a weapon? Armin, although previously using a wooden sword/staff, normally used throwing knives out in the field. They suited him and his talent with stealth, but they also had multipurpose through being a suitable weapon for close combat. Hanji wasnt much of a fighter so she just used basic defence moves with her little sai. The sai reminded Eren of the red ninja turtle and he let out a small chuckle, Hanji did look a little like a turtle with her goggles on. Jean was crazy accurate with a pistol. Jean said he tries not to use it, but that when he does, he handles the weapon so well that it looks like it's a part of him. Eren thought that was a little narcissistic of him to say but he payed it no further mind.

Looking around he saw Sasha zipping up her medical bag and touching up her clothes so that they fit comfortably. Glancing quickly at Levi he saw that he packed two long blades of some kind into their sheaths.

"Eren!" Called out his old friend. Armins hands were behind his back, as if he was concealing something.

"What is it?" Replied Eren. This didnt seem like the time for surprises.

"I have a weapon for you", Armin nervously brought out from behind him a set of chains. Eren lost his ability to speak for a moment. What use could chains be to Eren? The only experience he had with them was the awful memories he held of the workers at the orphanage, their terrified faces as Eren broke through them again and again. However, the rattling of the chains in Armins hands rang a different melody to the chains that kept eren locked alone in a small shed. These chains rang a tune of admiration and love. Armin knew him best, and Eren trusted Armin. He looked up at Armin, "Hold your hands out, Eren". Eren held his arms out to Armin, and watched him loosely clasp on the bracelets of the chain around his wrists, "shouldnt they be tighter?". Armin shook his head, "this way, when you transform into your wolf state, they wont break", he said, flashing a quick smile. Eren couldnt help but smile back, Armin really did know him better than he knew himself, "Want to spar again and test this one out?" Asked Armin.

But before Eren could reply, a stern voice boomed out from the open area where Armin and Eren fought, "Eren can test himself against me this time". Levi's face left no room for revealing his intentions with this proposal. Eren smiled maliciously and walked over to the alpha, chains ringing as they dragged accross the floor. Levi stood still with his legs at a stabilising distance, which didn't seem like much of a fight stance to Eren. He may have lost to Levi in a fight once before, but he was caught off guard. This time, Eren believed that his victory was certain.

A/N:
I know this ones short but I wanted to end it here and release another chapter right after dont attack me.

Love you guys so much for reading and commenting on my stories, I love seeing all your questions and comments and interacting with you!!!!

Thanks so much for staying with me.