16.Multiple Agents

I ditched my car, threw on my most recent disguise, and started walking towards the gate. I was almost there when my agency phone started ringing. "Bunny" I said when I picked up the phone. "Where are you? It's been more then an hour" the boss' ever so lovely voice greeted me. "I'll be at the gate in two minutes. It's in sight right now" I told him. "Stop" he demanded. "Stop what?" I asked. "Walking" he replied.

"What's going on?" I asked him. "You're being sent on a mission" the boss answered. "Yeah and I have to see you for the mission details" I replied slowly like I was talking to a toddler. "It'll be faster if you leave right now and I'll fill you in on the details on your way there" Mark said. "And how do you expect me to get there? It's not like I have a ride" I argued. "Your ride's on the way and should be going through the gate right now" he replied.

I looked at the gate and waited. Then I waited some more. After about five minutes of waiting, I finally told Mark "It's not here". "They're running late" Mark stated. "Way to state the obvious. Wait. They as in general neutral pronouns or as in multiple people?" I asked him sounding slightly irritated knowing it was probably the option out of the two that I didn't like. "Multiple people" he sheepishly admitted. I was right. It was the option that I pretty much hated.

"Mark" I warned him. "Bunny" he pleaded. "You know I don't work with others. All they do is get in the way of my work. They're a hinderance. I either work alone or I don't work at all. I'm solo on this mission or I'm out" I told him and I was being serious. "Agent Desk has been captured" Mark interrupted me.

Margret was taken, so that's why he called me even knowing that I was in school and the text that Dylan got at lunch, it was probably from Mark. That's why he ran off with the others. Wait if he got a text. No, I wouldn't think about that now. There were more seious matters.

They're were multiple agencies out there that would capture a pregnant woman and they all wouldn't hesitate to kill her. But, this was Margret, the Boss' wife. Since it was her, I knew there was only one agency out there that would bother to capture her. I was normally against teams, but having other agents around normally increased chances of a successful rescue mission. If it were any other agent, any other agency, or any other mission then I would insist on working alone. But it wasn't.

I let out a sigh and stayed silent for a bit longer. "Fine. I'll do it, but this is a one time thing" I told him. "Understood" Mark replied sounding relieved. "And if any of the others get in my way, I won't hesitate to kill them" I warned. "Please don't kill some of my best agents Bunny" Mark sighed. "No promises" I replied.

I watched as the car finally pulled out of the agency and pulled up beside me. I opened the door and found my way to my seat after scanning to see who was inside. It looked like my earlier reasoning was corrected. "Definitely no promises" I told Mark. "Bunny" he warned in a low tone.

"I mean I won't kill Lucy but I can't promise anything about him" I said. "Which one of us are you talking about?" Dylan asked from the passenger seat with Hudson sitting next to him. "I'll give you a hint. It isn't Nate" I said looking at him. He sat in the middle row of the car with Lucy on his right. I had claimed the entire back row of the car when I got into it. "At least we're safe" Lucy said to Nate and he nodded in agreement. "Bunny please don't kill my son, either one of them" Mark sighed.

"Like I said Mark, no promises" I said. "Bunny" he warned me again. "Mark" I replied. He said nothing. "We'll be back in two hours" I told him seeing as how he had nothing else to say. "I still haven't given you the mission details" he reminded me. "No need. I'll have one of them fill me in or I'll just figure it out for myself" I told him before hanging up the phone.

***

We were about five minutes away and I hadn't talked to a single one of them. I got off my agency phone and put it into my pocket. "Ego. Mission details now" I demanded.

"Agent Rescue was captured when she was sent on a weapons drop. It was meant to be completely safe since it was between us and Planet Peace, an agency that we currently have a truce with. However, on the way there the vehicle was attacked. Most of the agents were unharmed and all of the weapons were left untouched. However, the attackers took agent Desk. The attackers were none other then A Planet's Death, our sworn enemy. Now we have to break into their agency, retrieve agent Desk, and bring her back" Dylan summarized.

"Understood. Now my biggest question. I understand sending vainglorious, a healer, and a driver, but why a guard?" I asked. "He's got more combat experience then a majority of our field agents" Lucy defended him. I nodded in understanding. "So the focus is on skill instead of experience" I said mostly to myself.

"Now, during the mission both Rescue and Healer will remain in the car a safe distance away from A Planet's Death" I told them. "I understand that Desk needs to be taken to a doctor right away however you'll be more a of hinderance if you tag along with us when we break in due to your limited combat ability" I told Lucy when it looked like she was about to protest.

"Boastful and Protecter, our biggest challenge is getting past their gate" I said. "Is it jumpable?" Dylan asked. "No" I immediately replied. "Could we take out the guards on one side of the gate and wait until someone comes through from the other side?" Nate asked saying a lot more then I expected him to.

"No. It would work if this was our gate. However, they have their guards check in with each other every five minutes. Without the check in, the gate goes into lockdown mode. Also, not only is confirmation needed from both sides to let someone pass through, but the access code also needs to be entered by both sides as well" I informed them. "How do you know so much about their gate procedure?" Dylan asked. "Simple. I was researching it on the way here" I said. "How, that information isn't exactly public?" He argued. "That's the problem with keeping key information online, with enough digging anyone can find it" I said.

"If you know so much about their security system, what do you suggest we do?" Lucy asked me breaking up our argument. "It's easy really. We'll just walk right in" I said a smile slowly forming on my face.

Author's Note
Hey everyone! So, it's here. Day 2/6 is officially done. Unfortunately when I was writing this my phone decided it hated me and deleted everything I wrote. I had to rewrite everything. I am so tired right now. Anyways, hope you enjoyed it. Please vote and comment. Till next time
-Panda12Panda12