19.Rescue Plan

The twenty minutes had passed and there was still no sign of Margret anywhere. I had managed to get through the top two floors and I could only hope that she was on the third floor or that one of the others had managed to find her. However, there hadn't been a single yell from anyone and given that most of the guards were going to be near Margret, they would've run into trouble.

I made my way back down to the meeting spot we agreed on. The other two were waiting for me and it was easy to see they didn't have an extra body with them. "How much of the prison have you gotten through?" I asked them when I reached them. "The first floor and almost all of the second. What about you?" Dylan asked. "I've made it through the top two floors and I was about to start in on the third. The top floors are pretty much abandoned" I told them.

"Then the first floor must have the majority of the prisoners since the second floor barely has anyone on it" Dylan concluded. "They most likely have one other area filled with prisoners and I would say it's somewhere on the third floor unless there's a hidden level" I said with a small laugh to show I was joking about the hidden level.

However, the second the words came out of my mouth, the more they started to make sense. A hidden level would be the perfect place to hide prisoners if the agency ever went into high alert. No one would think to check beyond the main floors unless looking for a certain person like we were. Entering such a floor would most likely also alert guards to a new person on the floor and without confirmation of it being another guard, it could easily set off an alarm and warn everyone in the agency about the break in.

Information about a secret level would likely only be kept with the prison guards and the head of the agency. Giving information about it to any other agents within their agency would defeat the purpose of creating such a level. If the level did exist, the entrance would be hidden somewhere the only the guards would have access to. Even if there wasn't a hidden level, it would be worth looking into creating one for our agency. However, that was a theory and I would only look into it after discovering what was on the third floor.

"Moving on. Continue searching the second floor and then join me on the third floor. That's most likely where they're keeping agent Desk" I told them. They nodded in understanding before setting off to continue searching. I scanned the bottom floor for a few seconds before heading back to the staircase to go up to the third floor and continue the search.

***

The moment I entered the third floor, it was easy to tell what security in the prison was normally like. The back half of the floor was swarming with guards and instead of separate cells, the entire back section had been blocked off and numerous prisoners had been tossed in there. Everyone in there was covered in blood and wounds. If Margret was anywhere, it was in there.

The only problem would be sneaking pst all the guards and figuring out how to get her out without releasing all the people in there. Unless I just released them all. If I were to release all the prisoners, it would create complete chaos. The guards wouldn't know what to do. However, they would most likely call for back up which would cause guards to swarm the prison, but if we could get out before they made it here, security outside would be decreased and it would be easier to escape.

While lost in my thoughts, I noticed movement from the entrance to the floor. Luckily, it would be blocked from the view of the guards. I carefully made my way back towards the entrance and found Nate and Dylan. "Is she here?" Dylan asked. I nodded in response. "Then what are we waiting for?" He asked. I motioned for them to be quiet and follow me. I slowly made my way back over to the place I had been crouching before.

They both saw the swarm of guards and I watched as their eyes widened. "How are we supposed to get her out of that?" Dylan whispered. "Protecter you'll have to create a distraction. Handsome locate agent Desk in that mess. I'll be letting everyone out" I told them in a whisper. "Didn't you tell us to not release anyone else?" Dylan asked me. I ignored his question and gave no response. "Once they're released grab agent Desk and make a run for it. Protecter when the guards leave to come back here, make a run for it too. Both of you keep going and don't stop. I'll be right behind you" I continued to explain.

"How are we going to get out? The alarms will be going off the second I grab agent Desk" Dylan pointed out. "It'll be easy for us to all slip out in the confusion. Once we're out all we have to do is make a run for the gate. After that we fight our way to the control room, take advantage of the startled guards on the other side, and make a run for it" I explained. "Don't you need access codes from both sides to open the gate?" Dylan asked.

"The control room on this side is located in a tower that's almost as tall as the gate. The gate they have has no special protections. Once we reach the tower we just have to climb onto the roof, scale the gate, and jump down to the other side" I said. "That sounds complicated" he commented.

"It's what we've got. Either way we've got to get started. Protecter you're up for the distraction" I told him. I found a hiding spot and dragged Dylan with me as I watched Nate go up the stairs. We weren't in the best hiding spot, but it would do the job. Most of the guards would probably just rush away without bothering to look for any intruders on this floor.

A few minutes later and it sounded like there had been an explosion on the floor above us. I watched as guards ran past us to check out the noise. Once they stopped running past us, I dragged Dylan out of hiding and straight into the rest of the guards. "Time to cause some chaos" I said pulling out a gun and shooting the guard closest to me.

Author's Note
Hey everyone! So, I'll probably have to go through and edit this later since I wrote it in a bit under forty minutes. Anyways, day 5/6 done. Also, I doubt anyone saw but I'm taking a break from uploading on my other story and instead I'm going to put the other chapters in here. That means three extra chapters which totals up to four chapters left. So change the count to 5/9 done. Anyways, I know most of this was secret floors and plans but I hope you liked it. Please tell me what you thought about it. Thanks for reading. Till next time
-Panda12Panda12