17..

Anonymous POV

Keeping my eyes on the prize, I watched Essence kiss on Black. It almost made me throw up. All I could really think about what how it was suppose to be me getting kissed on. The little bitch was ungrateful. That's all.

Sighing to myself before looking away, I adjusted my clothes before making my way down the house across from Blacks home.

It took two years finding him. All behind Essence. It took him bringing a stranger to his house for me to even get ahold of where he stayed. When it came to him, he was trained in how to move in the game. I was almost surprised seeing him welcome Essence in so easy.

Too bad she got comfortable. It wasn't her job.

It was never her job.

Essence traces small circles on Black's tatted chest while glancing up at him while he spoke

Essence traces small circles on Black's tatted chest while glancing up at him while he spoke. They didn't move out of bed all day. They woke up, Black got her some food, and they fed eachother and jumped from topic to topic in bed all day.

"So what about your parents? Do they know what you do?" Essence questioned raising her neat eyebrow at him.

Black looked down at Essence only shaking his head. He didn't know he felt about being so open with her yet. It felt like he was at home with her. He could just speak to effortlessly. It was still things holding him back.

"Nah, they actually died some years back."

Essence looked at him at lost for words. She wasn't expecting that, but she also wasn't surprised. It explained a lot to her about him.

"I'm sorry... I wasn't trying to-"

"Nah, you good.. You didn't know. Mama ain't never approve of her sons running the streets or nothing like that. She would beat my ass knowing this what I'm still doing." Black lightly shrugged not wanting to go down that road of emotion.

He never spoke on his parents or siblings death much.

Essence looked at him, reading him like a book. She knew it bothered him. And she knew he fought his demons. And this was a one of those demons he was fighting.

"Hey, we don't have to talk about it. Ok? If you ever want to talk about it I'm here. Always."

Hell, he didn't know how to take that. Everybody said that. He just felt like she was too good to be true. Nobody would stick it out if he truly spoke on his issues.