Chapter 14

ANTHEA
As we walked back I felt lighter on my feet. Almost as if I had more energy then before. Maybe because nature had given it's energy, or maybe it was because I've been resting for a week, or maybe because me and Leo were friends again.

"What are you humming?" Leo asked.

"What?" I asked looking over at him.

"You were just humming something. It was really pretty." He said.

"Oh," I said. "I didn't even realize I was humming. I do that a lot when I think, or when I bored."

"Which are you, thinking or bored?" He asked.

"Leo, whenever I'm with you, I'm never bored." I said smiling. "You are always keeping me on my toes."

I looked at him, and he opened his mouth about to protest but before he could I heard footsteps approaching us. We turned and I saw a famaliar dyrad coming toward me. "Piney!" I said happy to see her.

"My Lady," She said smiling.

"Piney, I told you call me Thea." I said. She smiled as she stopped in front of me. I reached out and pulled her into a hug. "Thank you, Piper told me what you did for me, you saved my life."

"And you saved the forest, My Lady, I mean Thea, I guess we're even." She said. "Oh, and while you were gone Willow was complaining a lot to me about.... him." She said pointing to Leo.

"Why?" I asked getting mad. "What did Leo do?"

"She blames him for the fire. I know he didn't start it, I know who did, you're mother told me." She said.

"Who?!" I asked at the same time as Leo.

"I can't say his name, for if I do I'll summon him here, and I don't want that." She said with a shaking voice. "No, no, no, that would be bad, he can't come here, he'll destroy everything. Don't make me say it." She kept rabbling on and on until I put up my hand to silence her.

"Piney, you don't have to say if you don't want to." I said. She looked up at me with thanks in her eyes. "Piney, why is Willow blaming Leo?"

"Because, he is the only fire user at camp. And she doesn't like the Hephaestus kids." Piney said giving Leo a sympathtic look. "I however, find them quite kind, especially Leo, and if you like them then they are good to me."

"Thanks Piney." Leo said.

"Where is Willow now?" I asked getting angry with her.

"She's at her tree." Piney said.

I sighed, I didn't feel like going all the way to her tree to yell at her. "Tell Willow, that if she has a problem with Leo, then she should come to talk me. " I said. "And if any of the dryads even dare talk badly about a Hephaestus kid again, then they'll have to answer to me. Tell them that."

Piney was a couple steps backwards as if she was suddenly scared of me. "Yes My Lady." She said. "I'll tell them."

"Thank you Piney. And not only for coming here, but for being my favorite dryad." I said smiling.

She gave me a huge smile, and then skipped away off into the forest. I turned back to Leo and he had a stunned look. "What?" I asked.

"You defended me, by threating the dryads, in a very scary way. Why?" He asked.

"Because I'm tired of them always blaming you and your siblings. And I know you didn't start the fire (Now the song is stuck in my head). And the only way to get through to them is to scare them." I said. "And I will always stick up for my friends, I will always stick up for you."