Part I Chapter 1: Prologue

(Y/N POV)

My foot was aching like hell, yet I still had to run.

I was sprinting as fast as I possibly could through the forest, trying to get away from the creatures chasing me.

These weren't normal animals...

All I know is that I'm being chased, and the beings chasing me do not like my presence.

*Crunch*

The sound filled my ears.

I couldn't tell if it was coming from the tree root I just tripped on, or if it has something to do with the sudden shooting pain in my ankle.

I'm on the ground now, feeling fallen branches and sticks scratch at my tender skin.

It was impossible to get up, I was too weak, too tired...

I felt a sharp bite on the back of my leg, a shriek subsequently erupting from my throat.

Are they going to eat me?

The moonlight wasn't enough for me to see..

I screamed to the top of my lungs when I felt two human hands grab my legs and start dragging me further into the woods.

Cannibals!?

My raw, bloody hands seized fist fulls of dirt and leaves as I tried to hold myself in place.

But the thing was too strong...

Extremely strong.

While I tried to pull myself away, it grasped my legs even tighter, jerking my body back with inhumane strength.

My head flew forward onto something hard... and I immediately blacked out.

End of chapter 1