12 It's Gotten Worse

More and more children were admitted into the hospital's pediatric wards, they were all deathly ill.

Sakura, kimi and Miku were becoming really frustrated, weeks of searching and still nothing, the kids were near death, whatever it was, was slowly degenerating the children's organs, all they could do was to make the children comfortable as they lie in sleep.

Sasuke worked nonstop on getting a cure. All sakura's attempts to get him to rest a little were to no avail.

The disease was nothing Sasuke had ever seen, and the fact that those innocent children would die drove him to work harder. He could still remember the look of sorrow and pain on Enju's mother's face when she came to check on her daughter.

So people even resulted to thinking it was a punishment from God. Because it was unexplainable, all the kids were sick and no treatment was working.

Even though Sasuke knew that continuous work like this would affect his own health, he just couldn't bring himself to stop even though Sakura and the others had come to beg him to take a break several times.

He knew it would only be a while before Shizuka came to drag him out.

And that's exactly what happened. He was now seated beside Shizuka in the cafeteria eating a tomato stuffed sandwich courtesy Shizuka.

"so any progress so far?"

"No, I've never hit a wall like this before." Sasuke answered

" we'll find a way, also don't forget that you're not alone on this, so you're going to go home today and get some rest because I don't want to handle your hospitalized ass. Shizuka said making Sasuke to roll his eyes.

Sakura really wanted to know more about Sasuke but no one was telling her and it would be rude to directly ask him. He seemed to have some dark pasts he was hiding and everyone was playing along. She thought of going to ask Shizuka and it seemed to be her best option because Shizuka knew more about Sasuke than any of them did, she was his aunt after all.

"I'm going to uncover your mystery Sasuke-kun".

Obeying Shizuka's orders Sasuke went home that day to finally get some rest.

No one was home, his dad and other family must have gone on another trip without bothering to inform him. He felt a pang of pain in his heart. But he willed himself to ignore it, he wasn't going to let them bother him.

He went to his room upstairs and took a much needed bath. Then laid on his bed willing for sleep to come.

It was barely 5am when his phone rang, he picked it up and answered still sleepy.

Hello

Sasuke it's kimi, you have to get to the hospital fast, t-t-two of the kids just died..........