9 Tomato 🍅🍅

Slowly his eyes fluttered open. He was met with a dim white light, he tried to look around but his neck felt stiff. He was uncomfortable, his bed felt much smaller and the air reeked of disinfectant.

As his body gradually woke up he started to feel the slight tinge of pain from the needle embedded in his wrist. His eyes followed the cord which was attached to the needle till he saw the blood bag above him dripping blood into his veins.

It finally dawned on him that he was in the hospital, for how long he didn't know. His head felt fuzzy. He tried to remember how he ended up the way he was. Flashbacks poured in, he remembered how his chest hurt and how Sakura had cried and cried then he remembered being put on a stretcher before everything went black.

The door creaked open and Sakura came in.

Sakura walked into the room and sat beside the bed. she had made it a habit to visit Sasuke when she wasn't busy for the past two days. She shifted down to look at sasuke's face but was surprised to see black eyes staring at her.

"sasuke-kun your awake." Sakura hugged him without reserve. "Sakura I might pass out again if you keep this up." Sasuke managed to say. "oh I'm sorry it's just that I'm so glad you're awake."

"how long was I out?" Sasuke asked. "for two days now, how are you feeling?"

"I'm hungry" Sasuke said.
"ehm then I'll get you something from the cafeteria." Sakura said
"no, I don't want hospital food."

Then Sakura made a face at him. "seriously." Sasuke only nodded.

"fine I'll see what I can do. But first I have to talk to shizuka sensei, she may not look it but she's worried sick about you." Sakura said as she walked out the door closing it softly behind her.

Even though Sakura played it cool, deep within she wanted to leap for joy. She walked as fast as possible with a smile plastered on her face, finally she saw the door to shizuka's office and didn't hesitate to open it.

Shizuka looked at Sakura confused. Sakura took a deep breath and "sasukeisawakeandheisdemandingfornonhospitalfood"

"slow down Sakura I didn't hear a thing you just said." Shizuka said.

"okay I said Sasuke is awake and is demanding for non hospital food." Sakura said more slowly.

Shizuka's eyes widened "he's really awake, I have to talk to him. Sakura take care of things here, I'll be back in a few minutes and thank you for always watching over him."

Sakura blushed a little at Shizuka's last sentence. "well I w-was just being a good friend." Sakura said said nervously.

When Shizuka opened the door to sasuke's room Sasuke immediately whipped his head to her direction. The look on his face changed to happy and bright instantly when he saw the bowl of fresh plum tomatoes Shizuka was holding.

Noticing the way Sasuke looked at the tomatoes, she decided to tease him a little by taking one and biting it while she dropped the bowl at a farther table.

Sasuke reacted just as she had expected. "heyyy those were mine." he said pouting.

Shizuka smiled and handed him the bowl after eating all the tomatoes available. Shizuka's expression became serious.

"Sasuke, I know that this is a high claim but Naruto came to the hospital two days ago and he told me that he caught kuhiro switching some of your drugs. I suspect that the change was the cause of such a severe crisis.

They're still working on what the substance is at the lab.

"of course she'll try to kill me. Sasuke was starting to get angry. With me gone she'll finally have dad all to herself, heck she already has him all to herself. Dad never listens to anything that I say, I've been hospitalized for two days and no sign of him, no messages no get well cards, it's like he's not my dad anymore."

Sasuke was almost at the verge of tears but his pride stopped them from falling.

Seeing this Shizuka couldn't help but hug her nephew, whenever he was sad she was sad too.

"don't worry he'll come around, and when they're back from their so called vacation they're gonna get a piece of me." shizuka said trying to comfort Sasuke.

Imagining Shizuka yelling at his dad, Sasuke smiled.

"hey Shizuka-sensei aren't there more tomatoes, I'm still hungry.

Hey guys I'm sorry for the late update, I was suffering from a writers block. I kept rewriting the chapter but it wasn't good to me. But this one was okay to me. I hope it's good.