13 The Cause

Getting to the hospital as fast as possible, Sasuke quickly went to the pediatric ward where the others were. The kids were degenerating faster, they now looked skinny and lifeless. Whatever was causing it was badly destroying their organs. A cure had to be made fast.

All the Pediatricians at konoha General Hospital had desperately started trying to make a cure. The only things they knew about the disease so far was that it was some chemical substance that was spread all over the children's bodies and was killing their organs.

"How did kids get in touch with this substance, it's lethal and no matter what would this kind of chemical be dumped in a society where people live." Miku said.

"Unless it was brought from outside, maybe outside the country." Kimi added

"what could have been brought from outside the country?"

"Yes!!!"

Everyone turned to Sakura, did you figure it out?

"There's this new rice in the market, I believe it's imported, it's everywhere and it's really cheap, I even bought some. I think we should examine the rice to get more information." Sakura explained.

"Then let's get going." Sasuke said.

▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶

After buying a sample the rice and bringing it to the lab, they made a shocking discovery.

The rice was filled with high amounts of the same toxin in the children's body.

"Sakura I need your blood."

"heh" Everyone turned to look at Sasuke.

"you said you bought this rice and you must have eaten it and yet your not sick, so I have to examine your blood." Sasuke explained

He took a syringe and drew out some of sakura's blood. The results were the same, the toxin was in her body but it was dormant and slowly reducing.

"How come Sakura isn't sick when her body is full of this stuff." Kimi asked.

"Because she's an adult. Sasuke answered, all the victims have been children below 13. So I think it's safe to say there's a hormone in the body of someone who has undergone puberty that neutralizes the toxin and makes it dormant, that's why only kids were affected. "Sasuke answered.

" Now we have to stop the sales of this rice and find out how it became so poisonous. Then work on a cure. " And once again Sasuke immersed himself in work.

▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶

" At the hotel they were staying in, Yumei kuhiro's daughter and sasuke's step sister. Lied on her bed tired for the past few months all they've been doing is travel and go on vacations, it was starting to get boring. She would definitely prefer spending time with Sasuke, even though he's always busy with hospital work most of the time. But she always enjoyed the little time she got to spend with him, like when he did homework with her. To her Sasuke was the ideal older brother she always wanted.

Then again, Yumei knew that her mom hated Sasuke and secretly wants him out of the family. She felt pity for him, every single time her mom will always cut him off from family affairs. She wondered how he coped with it.

As for Yukio, he was also quite fond of Sasuke but too young to actually notice anything so he just went with the flow.

After pondering on so many things, Yumei finally decided to let sleep take over. They were going back home tomorrow and it would be a busy day and a long flight, she needed all the rest she could get.

Another chapter done, so guys is this story making any sense to you, any area you want me to amend or improve on, just drop in the comments and don't forget to vote. Love you all 😘