Chapter 1 Rewrite- Movie Night

The cold winter air blew in through the open window as Ben snuggled up to Toby on the couch, big fuzzy blanket encasing them both. The conversations of the movie characters seemed only like a faint noise as Toby seemed to contemplate his entire life. Don't get him wrong, Toby loved Ben - a lot - but neither of them had admitted it to each other yet. Toby would have said it the first time he was able to talk to the smaller boy but was afraid of the possibility that he wouldn't share the same intensity of feelings
"I guess it turned out fine." Toby smiled
"What was that?" Ben questioned
"Oh, nothing. I was just thinking out loud." Toby replied rather quickly.
Ben hummed in response, putting his focus back on the movie as he moved closer to Toby.
Toby's mind blanked not long after that small exchange, and if you were to ask him what the movie was about, he would not have been able to answer at all.
    After a while, Toby was able to hear the rhythmic breathing of his small boyfriend (Boyfriend!! He finally gets to call him that!) next to him, indicating that he had, in fact, fallen asleep. He then decided to attempt to wake him up after the movie is over, although it didn't really matter because Toby had no idea what was happening in the slightest.
    It was no more than twenty minutes when the movie finally ended, the protagonist defeating the enemy and getting with their love interest- it was cute, and cliche and Toby had no idea what happened before everything he watched.
    "Ben" Toby whispered with the hope of waking him up. "Ben"
    "Hmmm," He groaned. "I can't leave! I have to save the prince!" Toby had almost died from the adorableness of Ben.
    "Ben, you have to get up." Toby tried again, "Noo" Ben whined.
Toby had given up.
He ended up scooping Ben up in his arms, pulling him close to his chest to make him warmer without the comfort of the blanket.
Toby brought Ben to his own bed,m and like the great boyfriend he is, brought a blanket over him.
"toooobyyy" Ben slurred, the tiredness obviously had taken a toll on him.
"hmm?" he hummed
"i'm love you" and once again the even breathes had taken over and Ben was once again asleep.
Toby felt his face heat up, face as read as a tomato, but he couldn't help but let out a chuckle.
If Ben was awake, he probably would have teased him, maybe called him a sap.
But he wasn't awake, so he leaned down to leave a kiss on Ben's forehead and walked out of the room, but not without a small "i love you too" leaving his lips.
The walk to his room left him feeling like a lovesick teenager still in a honeymoon phase of their relationship. and maybe he was.
And maybe he couldn't care about Jeff sitting on his bed eating his snacks.
Maybe all that was on his mind was Ben. The small way he scrunched his nose when he's lose a game, or how he curled closer to Toby like a cat.
God, he was a lovesick teen.
(and he needed to remember to replace Jeff's sugar with salt)

word count: 555

hi 2023 ash here goin thru my a/n's, dont mind me :)